+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kyle Wootton

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    That is woeful. The other key stats here, I suppose, are how many touches he has in the opposition half/box at home and away, and how many chances?

I know he's missed some sitters during his time here, but I don't remember that many this season, especially away from home - which suggests we're just not creating enough opportunities for him.

Bizarrely - and if my maths is correct, which is never a given - almost all of Ruben's goals this season (seven) have come away from home.
    I think that record is down to playing for Ardley and his cagey approach to away matches. IB isn't as different as he likes to think and is 'risk averse' himself. Those 5 defenders at Wealdstone weren't required really. Chicksen didn't have a single good moment in the opposition's half, the 3 CBs never crossed the halfway line in the first half. The point I'm trying to make is that we've had 'a respect the point' approach and it's continued really.
    We need to go for it more, 6 hours plus of football at Altrincham, Weymouth, Eastleigh and Wealdstone yielded just 1 goal. So it's not only Kyle, it's the general approach IMO
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 27-01-2022 at 08:18 PM.