+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Wootton

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I remember fighting a largely one-man band on here saying Wootton was plenty good enough as our main striker at this level, but you have to say 4 goals in his last 35 away appearances away from home is a bafflingly terrible record. No idea how to explain it.
    It's certainly baffling , it's definitely terrible but his overall record of a goal every 2 games, is more than good enough as you know especially considering his around game. I certainly can't explain it either.

I've defended him when unjust critisism has been thrown his way. He's clearly better than NL level.

I remember fighting a largely one-man band on here saying Wootton was plenty good enough as our main striker at this level, but you have to say 4 goals in his last 35 away appearances away from home is a bafflingly terrible record. No idea how to explain it.
    Partly the way we play away from home. I'm n is 50 goal montage there were a lot of headers but we just don't pump in many crosses , tend to play a bit deeper and he feeds on scraps.

That is woeful. The other key stats here, I suppose, are how many touches he has in the opposition half/box at home and away, and how many chances?

I know he's missed some sitters during his time here, but I don't remember that many this season, especially away from home - which suggests we're just not creating enough opportunities for him.

Bizarrely - and if my maths is correct, which is never a given - almost all of Ruben's goals this season (seven) have come away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    That is woeful. The other key stats here, I suppose, are how many touches he has in the opposition half/box at home and away, and how many chances?

I know he's missed some sitters during his time here, but I don't remember that many this season, especially away from home - which suggests we're just not creating enough opportunities for him.

Bizarrely - and if my maths is correct, which is never a given - almost all of Ruben's goals this season (seven) have come away from home.
    I think that record is down to playing for Ardley and his cagey approach to away matches. IB isn't as different as he likes to think and is 'risk averse' himself. Those 5 defenders at Wealdstone weren't required really. Chicksen didn't have a single good moment in the opposition's half, the 3 CBs never crossed the halfway line in the first half. The point I'm trying to make is that we've had 'a respect the point' approach and it's continued really.
    We need to go for it more, 6 hours plus of football at Altrincham, Weymouth, Eastleigh and Wealdstone yielded just 1 goal. So it's not only Kyle, it's the general approach IMO
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 27-01-2022 at 08:18 PM.

Blackburn? Looking for automatic promotion to the Premiership? He's good in the National League but I can't see him making that step up.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Really? The Championship for a player who doesn’t turn up for half the games in the National League?
    I don't understand why it's so hard to believe that a mid-range Championship club might take a punt on our top scorer - despite it being reported by multiple media sources.

He's still only 25, available on a Bosman and likely to be happy with low-ish wages for that level. He also played 60-odd games at League 1 level before he came to us - and his time here has made him a better player.

To be clear I'm not suggesting he's going to start as first choice for a Championship club. But it's really not outrageous to say one of them might take a punt on him as a back-up striker on a free

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    I don't understand why it's so hard to believe that a mid-range Championship club might take a punt on our top scorer - despite it being reported by multiple media sources.

He's still only 25, available on a Bosman and likely to be happy with low-ish wages for that level. He also played 60-odd games at League 1 level before he came to us - and his time here has made him a better player.
    Yeah to be fair, I’d be astonished if he got a move to the club second in the Championship, regardless of what the Daily Mail and others say.

If he does though, good luck to him and let’s hope we could persuade them to loan him back for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

If he does though, good luck to him and let’s hope we could persuade them to loan him back for the rest of the season.
    Only after his hat trick against our illustrious younger brother from West Bridgford denying them of promotion of course.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast