+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Wootton

Kyle Wootton

Birmingham City and Barnsley have shown an interest in Notts County striker Kyle Wootton, as per a report by the Daily Mail.
    The National League striker is a man in-demand right now with Blackburn Rovers, Huddersfield Town, Portsmouth and Rotherham United also credited with an interest.

Wonder if this is from his agent trying to get a bigger deal? Not sure he'd do well in the championship, it's a really big leap

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Wonder if this is from his agent trying to get a bigger deal? Not sure he'd do well in the championship, it's a really big leap
    Doesn’t matter though if they offer a 2/3 year contract on double/treble the money

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Doesn’t matter though if they offer a 2/3 year contract on double/treble the money
    I don't think you understand my point. I don't think championship clubs are looking at Wootton. I think it was put out their by perhaps his agent to see if Notts bite to give a new contract. He's a good forward and but he's not ready for the championship

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Very much so because the better contract he gets the more money his agent gets. His agent doesn't care if he's sitting on the bench each week.

He's definitely capable of stepping up one or two levels. He'd already played 70-odd games of league football before he came to us and he's definitely become better in his time here. It wouldn't completely shock me if a Championship club took a punt.

I think as fans we have to get used to the idea that unless we get promoted Wootton will definitely move at the end of the season to a team above us in the pyramid.

Tbh even if we do go up, if anyone offers to double or triple the wages we offer him you can't really blame him for moving.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    He's definitely capable of stepping up one or two levels. He'd already played 70-odd games of league football before he came to us and he's definitely become better in his time here. It wouldn't completely shock me if a Championship club took a punt.

I think as fans we have to get used to the idea that unless we get promoted Wootton will definitely move at the end of the season to a team above us in the pyramid.

Tbh even if we do go up, if anyone offers to double or triple the wages we offer him you can't really blame him for moving.
    Really? The Championship for a player who doesn’t turn up for half the games in the National League?

I’m happy to have jumped on the Wootton bandwagon in the last few months, and he’ll no doubt get a decent move during the summer, but I still think some are overestimating his ( and a few others tbh) abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Really? The Championship for a player who doesn’t turn up for half the games in the National League?

I’m happy to have jumped on the Wootton bandwagon in the last few months, and he’ll no doubt get a decent move during the summer, but I still think some are overestimating his ( and a few others tbh) abilities.
    He might make the step up to Div 1 but Chumpionship, nahhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

Maybe so BFP but until recently you massively underestimated him to the point you wouldn't have been disappointed if he had left the club before the season started. That was crazy talk. Maybe he's a top L1 level striker at home, and a L2 striker away from home. He's certainly much better than NL.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Maybe so BFP but until recently you massively underestimated him to the point you wouldn't have been disappointed if he had left the club before the season started. That was crazy talk. Maybe he's a top L1 level striker at home, and a L2 striker away from home. He's certainly much better than NL.
    I remember fighting a largely one-man band on here saying Wootton was plenty good enough as our main striker at this level, but you have to say 4 goals in his last 35 away appearances away from home is a bafflingly terrible record. No idea how to explain it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast