+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: O/T:- Notts County trawler

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    560

    O/T:- Notts County trawler

    Name:  Trawler.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  42.6 KB

    Who knew?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 27-01-2022 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Fixed Off Topic prefix

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    13,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    Name:  Trawler.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  42.6 KB

    Who knew?
    I think I did, it came up several times whilst I was looking for Notts tv appearances, there was some news story about it - late 1960s I think, did it sink or something like that?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I think I did, it came up several times whilst I was looking for Notts tv appearances, there was some news story about it - late 1960s I think, did it sink or something like that?
    Ran aground and wrecked in a hurricane back in 1968.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    560
    Apparently there was an HMS Notts County too, a merchant ship that was torpedoed in 1942.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    Ran aground and wrecked in a hurricane back in 1968. + Apparently there was an HMS Notts County too, a merchant ship that was torpedoed in 1942.
    Typical Notts
    Last edited by BanjoPie; 27-01-2022 at 02:25 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    13,465
    So one run aground and wrecked and its' predecessor torpedoed.

    If anybody's thinking of buying a yacht or a house boat and naming it "The Notts County", it might be worth considering a different name.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    20,556
    Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    So one run aground and wrecked and its' predecessor torpedoed.

    If anybody's thinking of buying a yacht or a house boat and naming it "The Notts County", it might be worth considering a different name.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    931
    Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    So one run aground and wrecked and its' predecessor torpedoed.

    If anybody's thinking of buying a yacht or a house boat and naming it "The Notts County", it might be worth considering a different name.
    We're doomed I tell yer, doomed.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    17,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    Ran aground and wrecked in a hurricane back in 1968.
    And wasn't there an episode of one of the club's hierarchy blowing a Gail on a snooker table in the Kendall era ?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    28,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    Apparently there was an HMS Notts County too, a merchant ship that was torpedoed in 1942.
    Bloody Hell, only 1 survivor.

    https://uboat.net/allies/merchants/ship/1408.html



    https://uboat.net/allies/merchants/crews/ship1408.html
    Last edited by countygump; 27-01-2022 at 04:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •