+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Barry Cryer

Barry Cryer

The celeb death toll rolls on. RIP Barry Cryer who penned many of the gags for over a generation of British comedy greats Inc The Two Ronnies, Morecambe and Wise, Les Dawson and Jasper Carrott. has died at 86. Getting to be fewer and fewer of celebs of my youth so know I must be getting old🙄

I thought he was already dead.

Saw him give an after dinner speech and he was hilarious.

Apparently he told the following joke to a nurse shortly before he died in hospital
    -----

A man and his wife are out walking one day when they spot a lone fellow on the other side of the road.

“That looks like the Archbishop of Canterbury over there,” says the woman. “Go and see if it is.”

The husband crosses the road and asks the man if he is indeed the Archbishop of Canterbury.

“F— off,” says the man.

The husband crosses back to his wife, who asks, “What did he say? Is he the Archbishop of Canterbury?”

“He told me to f— off,” says the husband.

“Oh no,” replies the wife, “Now we’ll never know.”

The man was an absolute genius.

RIP.

Very sad, one of the best.

If you haven't tried it check out "you'll have had your tea?", the Adventures of Hamish and Dougal. I found it on You Tube, Radio 4 comedy, Barry Cryer and Graeme Garden, just 15 mins an episode. Hilarious, crude ***ual innuendo from start to finish.

Apparently nearing the end he said that he doesn't buy green bananas anymore!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)