+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Freeman/Smith

Freeman is a right back and a good one at that - raw but our best at club and getting better. Having a full back like that allows us to not necessarily need an out and out winger on that side. The Finnish billy king was great to start with but his level is showing tbh he isn't good enough and neither is Sporle on left. That Ross County guy who scored is out of contract - he would be an asset in our team. Glad Butch proved some wrong here - he can play CB as an emergency role and play it bloody well as he has in past. Fuchs has screwed up his big move due to his form someone will come in for him no doubt on pre contract but it won't be English top 2 divisions or his beloved old firm. He only has himself to blame. Our team is disjointed but I feel down to the fact either are kids aint getting a chance or aren't good enough. I would love to see freeman and Chalmers on the right but alas only one so far has made it.

BTW Freeman didn't wander he burst forward expecting a pass and can't be blamed for thinking pallet would sh!t himself and lose possession

Yeah, Freeman naturally began to follow play up the park, leaving Cooke free behind him. The fact Pawlett lost the ball is what left Freeman exposed. He was then the only player close to Baldwin and tried to close down the shot. Siegrist then palms the shot straight to Cooke.

So what's Freeman supposed to do? Stay behind with Cooke anticipating Pawlett losing the ball? Give Baldwin a free shot while he tries to get back to mark Cooke? Or close down the immediate danger as he's the only Utd player on the park in a position to do so? Tough one. I wouldn't be putting too much blame on the boy.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Yeah, Freeman naturally began to follow play up the park, leaving Cooke free behind him. The fact Pawlett lost the ball is what left Freeman exposed. He was then the only player close to Baldwin and tried to close down the shot. Siegrist then palms the shot straight to Cooke.

So what's Freeman supposed to do? Stay behind with Cooke anticipating Pawlett losing the ball? Give Baldwin a free shot while he tries to get back to mark Cooke? Or close down the immediate danger as he's the only Utd player on the park in a position to do so? Tough one. I wouldn't be putting too much blame on the boy.
    Their goal was a total clusterfeck from when Levitt tracked his man back, all the way to Benji and Edwards really should be doing better to cover the ball. But to be fair, how many times does a keeper push the ball wide and someone falls right onto it?

But back on track, i cannot actually split Freeman and Smith as their ability curves cross each other depending on what side of the centre line they are on, Smith better defensively and Freeman attacking.

It would be interesting to know how strong of a left foot that Freeman has for his potential of playing at left back

agree but siegrist saved well and put to side but with no one there the boy had time. Siegrist did one things wrong and it wasn't the save it was he squatted like he was doing a jobby when he should have stood tall and narrowed angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    agree but siegrist saved well and put to side but with no one there the boy had time. Siegrist did one things wrong and it wasn't the save it was he squatted like he was doing a jobby when he should have stood tall and narrowed angle.
    I'm not in the slightest blaming Siegrist btw.

for having a jobby during the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    for having a jobby during the game?
    Needs must.

Never his fault, it was a good save. You need to look at why the attacker had so much time and I think you have already fingered Pawlett. 🤪

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Never his fault, it was a good save. You need to look at why the attacker had so much time and I think you have already fingered Pawlett. ��

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)