+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Freeman/Smith

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Yes. I have, because I think the subject is relevant. You dismissed Smith as just adequate back up.
    No.
    Open minds is all I'm saying. As I said before I just think you're sometimes a little too fast to rubbish other posters opinions instead of debating with an open mind.
    I do still believe we can do better than Smith at right back though. And I am also still of the opinion he is adequate back up at right back. I'm not naive enough to think a decent performance in the centre of midfield has changed that. He's a solid 6/10 most weeks but I'd like more, especially in an attacking sense. Why shoud I be more open minded if I have an opinion on something, certainly when the debate involves moving a full back into a right/left wing role which I don't believe works.

My take on it is that I didn't rate Freeman very early season but he proved me wrong, the home Derby when he came in and was great, was excellent at right back for a period after and some great deliveries, Smith I've always rated and think we have two great options there, Smith hadls come back and shown how good he is at right back after a long absense and now very much is a decent option at CM

Both are guys we should be looking to keep imo

Yes. I have, because I think the subject is relevant. You dismissed Smith as just adequate back up.
    No.
    Open minds is all I'm saying. As I said before I just think you're sometimes a little too fast to rubbish other posters opinions instead of debating with an open mind.
    Need to agree with tHeArAb. The previous discussion was about one of them playing right midfield, as winger, not centre midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Need to agree with tHeArAb. The previous discussion was about one of them playing right midfield, as winger, not centre midfield.
    The discussion as well you know it was also about the potential for a fullback to move into midfield. "Never going to happen"

But "Harkes is class" though Terry eh

#Stick together

He was our best midfielder yesterday, IMHO. Especially first half.

The discussion as well you know it was also about the potential for a fullback to move into midfield. "Never going to happen"

But "Harkes is class" though Terry eh

#Stick together
    Something very strange going on that's why i'm out.Posters getting trashed for wanting rid of Tam when Affshore's thread on Tam hasnie seen the light of day since before Christmas last year.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Something very strange going on that's why i'm out.Posters getting trashed for wanting rid of Tam when Affshore's thread on Tam hasnie seen the light of day since before Christmas last year.
    Just recently it seems like reasonable debate is getting shut down a bit. Attendances dropping, team can't defend a lead, can barely score from open play. Midfield is a mess, no strikers but criticise at your peril. One of them wanted more time for Csaba, was behind ST until the last, and rates Harkes highly.

Just recently it seems like reasonable debate is getting shut down a bit. Attendances dropping, team can't defend a lead, can barely score from open play. Midfield is a mess, no strikers but criticise at your peril. One of them wanted more time for Csaba, was behind ST until the last, and rates Harkes highly.
    "one of them"? Am I missing something Stoke? Are you suggesting that GB is suggesting censorship of some kind? And I take it the only folk able to do that on here would be moderators.

Really hope this isn't true, and if there has been, there should be a wee mention why.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    "one of them"? Am I missing something Stoke? Are you suggesting that GB is suggesting censorship of some kind? And I take it the only folk able to do that on here would be moderators.

Really hope this isn't true, and if there has been, there should be a wee mention why.
    No, not suggesting censorship.
    The "one of them" I referred to is TTT.
    Always agrees with theArab. Always defends the club and any manager regardless of how bad we are. Defended ST to the day he cleared his desk.

Anyone else noticed there's a few posters missing. Not saying that's Terry's fault by the way, but as GB said there's something not quite right with the board at the moment. When posters stop posting...

No, not suggesting censorship.
    The "one of them" I referred to is TTT.
    Always agrees with theArab. Always defends the club and any manager regardless of how bad we are. Defended ST to the day he cleared his desk.

Anyone else noticed there's a few posters missing. Not saying that's Terry's fault by the way, but as GB said there's something not quite right with the board at the moment. When posters stop posting...
    You are, of course, entitled to your opinion but you are being a bit loose with the truth in a few things there.

For the record, there is no censorship on here. I think the fact you clearly don't like what I have to say and say so regularly proves that point...

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)