+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Freeman/Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    I've noticed a few over the top groans coming from the stands when he doesn't release the ball quicker, it seems to be a thing now but imo he's the best goalie in the league and I wouldn't swap him for anyone.
    agree to even mcnulty the keeper

I've noticed a few over the top groans coming from the stands when he doesn't release the ball quicker, it seems to be a thing now but imo he's the best goalie in the league and I wouldn't swap him for anyone.
    Yeah, I totally agree.

Neither would I, but he could still distribute the ball a bit better/quicker. Also doesn't command his 6 yard box enough imo. A great shot stopper though. God knows where we'd be without him the last few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Neither would I, but he could still distribute the ball a bit better/quicker. Also doesn't command his 6 yard box enough imo. A great shot stopper though. God knows where we'd be without him the last few seasons.
    Got to agree with most of these recent posts. Benji is fine. We will miss him. But...... If a keeper that doesn't command their box (fair enuff) and........... their distribution is poor (fair enuff) wasn't a good shot stopper.... Why the fcuk are they getting paid for playing in goal???

I've heard that said loads of times, " eh, but he's a good shot stopper" He's a fcukin' goalkeeper, that's what they are meant to do....

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Yeah, I totally agree.
    He's good, but he is not Craig Gordon. I'm sorry but Gordon is a better goalkeeper than Benji. Craig Gordon has it all. He has great distribution, shot stopping, saves penalties on a regular basis, you name it

Quote Originally Posted by moicher View Post
    He's good, but he is not Craig Gordon. I'm sorry but Gordon is a better goalkeeper than Benji. Craig Gordon has it all. He has great distribution, shot stopping, saves penalties on a regular basis, you name it
    Benji is the best keeper in the league for me. Quality keeper and will be sorely missed. By far the best keeper we've had in my lifetime.

That's probably saying more about the groaners than the goalie.

His distribution is slow, he can't save penalties, he doesn't command his 6-yard box (!),

Fans these days can be very demanding.

Quote Originally Posted by moicher View Post
    Gordon has struggled with his distribution as well. Was cited as one of the reasons he didn't last at Celtic. Still, I'd agree he has more in his locker than Siegrist. Siegrists flaws are why we have been the best club he's played for, despite being 30. That said, I can still appreciate how good he is. He's been a quality keeper for us. Would love him to stay but I cant see it unfortunately.

Benji's progression so far at United has been amazing and I think he has scope to improve even further with the right coaching. He appears to be someone that has worked hard on improving himself and I personally don't think he is the finished article just yet.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)