+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Freeman/Smith

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Never his fault, it was a good save. You need to look at why the attacker had so much time and I think you have already fingered Pawlett. 🤪
    Soon mate. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Got tickets aff Viagogo to go and see Idles next Friday in Barrowlands ❤ then train to Perth next day🧡🖤 Hopefully a Carlsberg Weekend 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Got tickets aff Viagogo to go and see Idles next Friday in Barrowlands ❤ then train to Perth next day🧡🖤 Hopefully a Carlsberg Weekend 😁
    Im going on Friday as well mate! I will pm you my number maybe catch you for a beer in barrows?

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Im going on Friday as well mate! I will pm you my number maybe catch you for a beer in barrows?
    Perfect...going with my son who got hooked after seeing them in Fatties and its his birthday today so just booked it a few hours ago 👍...suppose I'll have to get um a Penny Daintees ticket as well now🙄🖤🧡😁

I think you have already fingered Pawlett.
    Really, on a family forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Perfect...going with my son who got hooked after seeing them in Fatties and its his birthday today so just booked it a few hours ago ��...suppose I'll have to get um a Penny Daintees ticket as well now��������
    ah that's cool - funny I took my son to see them 3 years ago lol. I booked this years ago lol delayed - going with wife and two mates who hadn't heard of them before and are now hooked happy belated birthday to your son.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    Really, on a family forum...

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I'm not sure I've ever suggested anyone is saying it's a must do?

If I can put it a simpler way (since Watt played in front of Freeman for large parts) .....do you think Freeman could've played the Watt role in the second half last night? I don't. We'd be asking him to play with his back to goal half the time. It's not his game. His game is running onto the ball, always having play ahead of him. He reads the game a certain way as a full back. It's a different proposition playing further forward. This 'moving full backs into midfield' seems to have been an obsession with Utd fans for a while, moreso on the left however. I can't really think of any full backs who have progressed to middle of the park come to think of it.

Anyway, it's a bit of a pointless debate as it's not going to happen imo so I'll leave it there. Back to the OP....... Freeman over Smith every day of the week. 👍🏼
    Not going to happen? After watching Smith transition easily into a midfield role do you stand by this, and your comment that Smith is at best back up? Sorry to resurrect this but you were extremely quick to dismiss the whole idea.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Not going to happen? After watching Smith transition easily into a midfield role do you stand by this, and your comment that Smith is at best back up? Sorry to resurrect this but you were extremely quick to dismiss the whole idea.
    You've actually dug up a post from the 27th January to try & prove a point? 😂😂

Fwiw I absolutely do still stand by my point. After seeing the pair of them try to play one in front of the other at Livi (where the manager had to change formation midway through the first half, then bring Freeman off) and seeing Freeman try to play wing back at Dens (another calamity), it's still no from me. Smith played 90mins well in the centre of midfield yesterday, not in right midfield role with a right back behind him, which is what was being discussed all those weeks ago. Playing in the middle is a completely different proposition to playing what is effectively as a winger. 👍🏼

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    You've actually dug up a post from the 27th January to try & prove a point? 😂😂

Fwiw I absolutely do still stand by my point. After seeing the pair of them try to play one in front of the other at Livi (where the manager had to change formation midway through the first half, then bring Freeman off) and seeing Freeman try to play wing back at Dens (another calamity), it's still no from me. Smith played 90mins well in the centre of midfield yesterday, not in right midfield role with a right back behind him, which is what was being discussed all those weeks ago. Playing in the middle is a completely different proposition to playing what is effectively as a winger. 👍🏼
    Yes. I have, because I think the subject is relevant. You dismissed Smith as just adequate back up.
    No.
    Open minds is all I'm saying. As I said before I just think you're sometimes a little too fast to rubbish other posters opinions instead of debating with an open mind.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)