+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jaros in goal…

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I like Slocombe and feel he has done very well for us but I can’t see Liverpool letting this lad go somewhere where he’s not going to play. It’s harsh on Sam but before long I think Jaros will be between the sticks regardless of what Sam does…it’s fairly clear IB doesn’t rate him highly enough.
    Agree. With outfield players, Managers can rotate players, bench them, sub them, tell them they need to work harder in training ect ect. With goal keepers. There's only one number one. Pep Guardiola made it clear to Joe Hart that he wasn't going to be his number one.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I think most of it is to do with the style of play. Obviously I dont see the games but a lot of people I noticed on here mentioned that Pattersons distribution from the back was much better than Slocombes plus commanding presence in the box. Whilst it would be a slap in the face for Slocombe and I am not sure when his contract is up I think the new dude will start.
    Unfortunately Sam is quite old skool in his play unlike the young guns coming through who are brought up playing from the back and good with their feet. We play better with fast distribution from the goalie. I can see him being dropped today mainly because it's against a team above us but it would be hard in Sam after a clean sheet Tuesday. However we brought a new keeper in for competition in that area and dropping Sam for todays game would have the opposite effect.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345