+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plange last out to Palace

Plange last out to Palace

Undisclosed fee but back on loan to end season. A dagger at the last minute. Why? Is cashflow that desperate that we needed to lose one of the few strikers we have in the squad?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Undisclosed fee but back on loan to end season. A dagger at the last minute. Why? Is cashflow that desperate that we needed to lose one of the few strikers we have in the squad?
    Actually, I thought you got a good deal out of that.
    My intitial reaction was, WTF?
    But after reading the rules, it is allowed as long as you pay the same wages as you paid before. No doubt Palace will be topping it up.
    It must be about cash in the pot, remember 1 month left, no safety window now.

At least we have him for the remainder of the season. Could have been worse.
    I don’t get it either. £1m for someone with such potential? Makes no more sense than the Shinnie sale to me.
    Wonder if they’d have been in for him before that goal on Sunday?

Well the cynic in me might think the fee was so many pounds now and a top up fee after we come out of administration?

Well the cynic in me might think the fee was so many pounds now and a top up fee after we come out of administration?
    For once I hope the cynic in you is correct.

Not sure how long CKR has on contract, but looking at no strikers next season, and we're no Man City

It's 1m plus add ons

TTR will you pop over to LTLF and put them straight as they're all getting in a tiz, first they weren't happy like yourself that we weren't selling players like you were forced to and that the EFL and creditors should force us, yet now when we sold Plange they're all up in arms that we're not allowed to do that, we'll apparently we are and the EFL rubberstamped it, nothing to do with Derby bending the rules again ad I'm sure the club would have rather kept him than bend rules to sell him

While there can you also inform them that the 8m owed to arsenal for bielik was settled 3 weeks ago as reported in the press, they have this funny rule that players who aren't paid for can't score goals for us, they still think we owe Leicester for Lawrence and his 2 goals recently shouldn't count

Funny bunch over there, I'd tell em myself but they won't let me join

I can see Andy Hosking coming on in games as a substitute striker when injuries or suspensions follow - assuming that we will still be in admin by next season. In fact a debut on 12th February could be fun

I think the worry here with the sale is, if Palace think he's that good to pay 1 million now for a lad who has only played a few games
    Any new owner could have blown 10 times that amount by not getting a deal done sooner
    Its all very well holding fire with a take over bid because of other claims but how much money is being thrown away by not getting our talented young players tied to longer contracts, which won't happen until we are out of admin
    If Derby was soldt at the end of the season, it would be a squad of no assets
    I just don't get it
    If a buyer could of done a deal a month ago all these sales at the price sold would not have happend

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    It's 1m plus add ons

TTR will you pop over to LTLF and put them straight as they're all getting in a tiz, first they weren't happy like yourself that we weren't selling players like you were forced to and that the EFL and creditors should force us, yet now when we sold Plange they're all up in arms that we're not allowed to do that, we'll apparently we are and the EFL rubberstamped it, nothing to do with Derby bending the rules again ad I'm sure the club would have rather kept him than bend rules to sell him

While there can you also inform them that the 8m owed to arsenal for bielik was settled 3 weeks ago as reported in the press, they have this funny rule that players who aren't paid for can't score goals for us, they still think we owe Leicester for Lawrence and his 2 goals recently shouldn't count

Funny bunch over there, I'd tell em myself but they won't let me join
    Not on it mucker. I watched for a while and decided that one wasn't for me.
    But they are wrong, as it has been done before. They just need to read up the conditions as I did.
    The Bielik thing must be complicated. If he hadn't have had such a serious injury, the situation over his payments may have been a lot more serious.
    No point in him returning to Arsenal, so if both parties agreed, no complaints from me.

Shall I put in a word for you to join? Castus is on there. I'll tell him at a game if you want,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)