+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Bromley FC 29.01.22 [NL]

Match Thread vs. Bromley FC 29.01.22 [NL]

Name:  bromley-fc-hayes-lane-national-league.jpg
Views: 2340
Size:  95.8 KB

Match day is here again and this time Ian Burchnall's men travel south to visit Bromley FC's Hayes Lane. Bromley's pitch is an artificial '3g' affair and IB has been praying for rain in order to speed up the surface to aid Notts' passing game. It is a pretty big pitch at this level though, although 4 yards narrower and 4 yards shorter than Meadow Lane's.

With Bromley currently occupying 4th place in the league table this is not a fixture to be taken lightly. They're 5 points ahead of us, having played two more games to date. Our opponents currently boast the National League's best home record, with 9 wins and only 2 defeats so far this term. Conversely, Notts' away record sees us in 10th place with just 4 wins thus far.

On a blustery day let's hope the Mighty 'Pies can turn on the style and lay the ghost of the Wealdstone disappointment mid-week. The games are going to come thick and fast from here on in and a three point boost would go a long way to cementing Notts' title challenge.

Team news is expected at 2:00pm and Charlie and Stall's BBC Radio Nottingham commentary can be found online here

COYP!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 29-01-2022 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post

Match day is here again and this time Ian Burchnall's men travel south to visit Bromley FC's Hayes Lane. Bromley's pitch is an artificial '3g' affair and IB has been praying for rain in order to speed up the surface to aid Notts' passing game.

With Bromley currently occupying 4th place in the league table this is not a fixture to be taken lightly. They're 5 points ahead of us, having played two more games to date. Our opponents currently boast the National League's best home record, with 9 wins and only 2 defeats so far this term. Conversely, Notts' away record sees us in 10th place with just 4 wins thus far.

On a blustery day let's hope the Mighty 'Pies can turn on the style and lay the ghost of the Wealdstone disappointment mid-week. The games are going to come thick and fast from here on in and a three point boost would go a long way to cementing Notts' title challenge.

Team news is expected at 2:00pm and Charlie and Stall's BBC Radio Nottingham commentary can be found online here

COYP!

Need to stand up and be counted today. They are a BIG side. I remember the CB being an absolute beast of a man. Brains over Braun will be needed.
    No rain forecast. So passing does become a smidge harder as the ball holds up on these 3/4g pitches.
    Having played at both Basford and Ilkeston this season I can honestly say I hate the surface and you really need to put pace on passes that are along the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Need to stand up and be counted today. They are a BIG side. I remember the CB being an absolute beast of a man. .
    Because I only associate Bromley with David Bowie, I'm finding this very hard to imagine. If I get to hear Charlie's commentary this afternoon (I've got visitors), I'm going to be picturing Notts playing against 11 thin white dukes with bright orange hair, out of their heads on cocaine.
    And Ziggy played..... the ballllll.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Because I only associate Bromley with David Bowie, I'm finding this very hard to imagine. If I get to hear Charlie's commentary this afternoon (I've got visitors), I'm going to be picturing Notts playing against 11 thin white dukes with bright orange hair, out of their heads on cocaine.
    Who's the Starman

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    After Wealdstone, do you think IB will make any ch...ch...ch...changes to the starting eleven?

Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-29 140219.jpg
Views: 2128
Size:  26.8 KB

Good to see Taylor back. Time for our best players to turn up to a big away game.

Looks a strong team on paper but don't think we need so many attacking players away from home
    I'd like to see Vinny or Francis in the middle instead of Robert's

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowpie View Post
    Looks a strong team on paper but don't think we need so many attacking players away from home
    I'd like to see Vinny or Francis in the middle instead of Robert's
    Same. Roberts is fine when he has free reign to float or wing. I think today, there is more hard work in the middle so I think I'd swap Roberts for either Vinny or Francis.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post

Match day is here again and this time Ian Burchnall's men travel south to visit Bromley FC's Hayes Lane. Bromley's pitch is an artificial '3g' affair and IB has been praying for rain in order to speed up the surface to aid Notts' passing game. It is a pretty big pitch at this level though, although 4 yards narrower and 4 yards shorter than Meadow Lane's.

COYP!
    Blustery? Swalesy, if it's owt like what we are experiencing in Scarborough, it's more like tempestuous and it will totally dictate how the game turns out. The most accurate passers who keep the ball on the deck will take home the spoils.

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast