+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie Lindsay

Jamie Lindsay

We are supposed to have rejected a bid from Portsmouth. I can't see us selling him to be honest because he's far too important to the squad.Many feel he should have been in the starting 11 over recent weeks.Thoughts?

Can’t really see anyone else going out other than Freddie now to be honest…and obviously probably just the one coming in..

Just seen it on Twitter.

It would have to be silly money but Portsmouth do spend big at times.

Wiles and Rathbone seem to be back on track so I suppose Warne wants to run with them. See the point though because before Rathbone came here Lindsay was a first teamer but then he got injured and kind of misses out now because of that.

I do rate Lindsay highly for his effort, no nonsense tackling and the great support he gives our midfield plus, the occasional important occasional goal. Warne will have to use him somewhere if he wants to retain his services or, come close season we may have another Ladapo situation to deal with. I guess though that's football for you and you simply can't play everybody at once.

If they offer a lot more than what we paid and we have a replacement lined up ,why not?But we do need that back up and if Pompey don't come up with what we want, he's our player and he fights to get his place back.

Firstly, congrats on your team's position and performances this season. You look to be genuine promotion candidates.

He's out of contract pretty soon, isn't he? That's what might just tip him over.

I must confess that I haven't seen him play. I don't believe he featured against us and certainly didn't score against us (would have been one of the few that didn't, in October!).

Opinion of him generally seems to be positive on here. A positive buy, for Pompey?

Quote Originally Posted by cunninglinguist View Post
    Firstly, congrats on your team's position and performances this season. You look to be genuine promotion candidates.

He's out of contract pretty soon, isn't he? That's what might just tip him over.

I must confess that I haven't seen him play. I don't believe he featured against us and certainly didn't score against us (would have been one of the few that didn't, in October!).

Opinion of him generally seems to be positive on here. A positive buy, for Pompey?
    Yes he's a good competitor who relishes a physical challenge. I'm a bit surprised he hasn't featured more often for us this season as one of our regular midfielder's form has been a bit patchy of late.
    Personally I hope he stays but if he does sign for Pompey I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I think we’d be mad to get rid of him. I might be in the minority here but I prefer him to Rathbone.

Quote Originally Posted by cunninglinguist View Post

He is out of contract but we have the option to extend for another year.
    If we get promoted he will probably get a 25 -35% pay rise and another opportunity to play at a higher level
    Plus he's been offered a new deal with us anyway

So forget some of the above as it usually revolves around money
    Pompey will have offer a daft transfer fee to our owner and daft wages to the player
    Over to you guys, what do you want to do?

Tbh mate, some people seem to think we're splashing cash at will but that's certainly not been the case this season. We're operating on a one out one in basis. Truckload of loans this season, which isn't the best policy. We need another striker and, at least, a midfielder who can create something (a decent pass into the box would be a breath of fresh air).
    Apparently, Eisner has told Cowley that funds may be made available if the right player came along. Maybe Lindsay might qualify but there isn't a mountain of cash on the table.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast