+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Promotion rivals

Promotion rivals

Based on what I've seen, I believe it will be Rotherham and Wigan that will continue to dominate.
    Regardless of Sunderlands result yesterday, they were very ordinary against Pompey last week and only came close when stupid errors were made to let them in.
    MK looked more likely to push you all the way.

Who has impressed this season and particularly recently?

MK Dons and Wycombe

Wigan have been consistent tho out and apart from us most other teams have been up and down.

Forgot bout Wycombe.

It's Wycombe's tactics I don't like but it suits them and they are up there. MK Dons were looking to be out of it recently but have got it together and that Twine is a real handful, one of the bargains of the season.

Wigan still have a lot to catch up on and are still in two competitions. Let's see if they have the bottle and mental strength to stay up there.
    Last edited by Brin; 30-01-2022 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    It's Wycombe's tactics I don't like but it suits them and they are up there.
    I think they are the team that’s most like us

I thought your counter attack was the best I've seen this season. Why Smudge couldn't finish like that for us is a mystery.

Wycombe are horrid to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I think they are the team that’s most like us
    Grist seriously? Where in our game do we slow the ball down, feign injury (Fergie at Cambridge we'll forget that one) and just generally concede little niggling fouls to stop play? The only time they want to play, is when they are losing other than that they are the biggest spoilers of any game they play, be it dark arts or out and out fouling.

I reckon Oxford will beat Wigan on Tuesday and they will become our biggest challengers along with MK Dons.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    I reckon Oxford will beat Wigan on Tuesday and they will become our biggest challengers along with MK Dons.
    Other than Wigan we’ve got two other toughies coming up in Donny and Wednesday. Local derbies are always a bit weird and often go against the form book.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast