+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Summary of the Gray Report

O/T Summary of the Gray Report

An initial version of Sue Gray's highly-anticipated report into Downing Street parties during lockdown has been published.

She finds that some lockdown gatherings in government represent a "serious failure" to observe what was asked of the public.

She says there were "failures of leadership and judgment by different parts of No 10 and the Cabinet Office"

Several gatherings "should not have been allowed to take place or to develop in the way that they did", she adds.

Sue Gray investigated 16 events in Downing Street and other government offices over a 20-month period.

Of those, 12 are being investigated by the Metropolitan Police.

This list confirms the flat party of 13 November 2020 has been investigated, along with a separate event in No10 on the same day, when former advisors Lee Cain and Dominic Cummings left.

Here’s the full list:

15 May 2020: A photograph showing a number of groups in the garden of No 10 Downing Street

20 May 2020: A gathering in the garden of No 10 Downing Street for No 10 staff

18 June 2020: A gathering in the Cabinet Office, 70 Whitehall, on the departure of a No 10 private secretary

19 June 2020: A gathering in the Cabinet room in No 10 Downing Street on the prime minister’s birthday

13 November 2020: A gathering in the No 10 Downing Street flat

A gathering in No 10 Downing Street on the departure of a special adviser

27 November 2020: A gathering in No 10 Downing Street on the departure of a special adviser

10 December 2020: A gathering in the Department for Education ahead of the Christmas break

15 December 2020: A gathering in No 10 Downing Street for an online Christmas quiz

17 December 2020: A gathering in Cabinet Office, 70 Whitehall, to hold an online Christmas quiz for the Cabinet Secretary’s private office

A gathering in Cabinet Office, 70 Whitehall, on the departure of a senior Cabinet Office official

A gathering in No 10 Downing Street on the departure of a No 10 official

18 December 2020: A gathering in No 10 Downing Street ahead of the Christmas break

14 January 2021: A gathering in No 10 Downing Street on the departure of two No 10 private secretaries

16 April 2021: A gathering in No 10 Downing Street on the departure of a senior No 10 official

A gathering in No 10 Downing Street on the departure of another No 10 official

But don't worry Boris, there's a few on here who can find no fault. (That's me, not Sue)

If that’s copy and pasted I think you need to put the source.

Apparently dulux have brought a new paint out in Sue Grey it covers up everything

Available in 50 shades?

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    If that’s copy and pasted I think you need to put the source.
    BBC News website.

I know, I know...liberal, woke, commie conspiracy.

One for a moderator, please. Why has this been moved when 'Rotherham politics north' wasn't?

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Available in 50 shades?

All shades of blue

Pretty bold invoking Jimmy Saville when you've referred to the investigation of historic child abuse as "spaffing money up the wall".