+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Transfer window review

😂

Strange it hasnt been confirmed yet, maybe the medical takes LONGER.

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post
    We are probably done by now. As it stands we have signed:

Tripper, Wood, Guimarães, Burn and Targett.

Is it enough to stay up?

I'm not convinced. I think only Trippier and Guimarães improve our team.

It might be possible to build a better defence out of those players, but I struggle to see where to goals are going to come from.

We should have bought at lest one more attacker.
    Bruno completely changed the dynamics of rhe midfield.

It will mean Asm and fraser will operate higher up the pitch.

Set pieces are going to be much more affective with Burn and wood adding major height in both penalty boxes.

Hopefully Eddie will drill the team with clever routines and we start to convert chances into goals.

Targett is a good signing, a no nonsense kinda player, not gonna pull up trees but knows his role and is a solid defensive option with lots of experience.

I think all 5 improve us.

We have options and competition for places.

Tripz is a leader and a winner, Bruno is a beast, those two in the dressing room and training groups will bring more determined attitude ans guile.

Burn will play his heart out for the toon, local lad pride. With zero errors leading to a goal this season he improves us in several aspects.

Ideal world we would have got Zapata but 5 quality professionals.

The owners should be applauded, great work under difficult conditions from the top brass.

I'd still have a shot at bringing Diego Costa in on a free

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Cannot agree with this - dissapointing. We've signed some good players and some solid, all that will improve us.

Yes, having a big named attacker would of been brilliant and like you I'd like one to but I think Wood will actually be a lot better for us than we think.

Also, Targett crossing factor is 2.5 a game, our best player up till now is Lewis who is 0.7, so hopefully we'll be getting a lot more crosses in for him.
    ASM cutting in opens up the wide area for Matt to swing a ball in to big Chris

Was thinking about Costa last night offer him a deal for the rest of the season he will score goals.

Let's get this straight:

We now have:

1. Monster sized CB
    2. Real LB
    3. Real RB
    4. Serious DM
    5. Monster sized CF
    6. An attack-minded manager

....and people can only see the doom in this? Any or all of them might/might not be the full ticket. But I much rather have these squad improvements than not. Please stop flapping and let's get on with supporting the lads.

Discounting all that have come in is like ignoring all the Xmas presents you opened and just crying about what you didn't get.

C'mon now...

Let's stop the snivelling and "what ifs". Despite all that they've done wrong, no one will be cheering louder than me if some of our condemned misfits come good. We'll need them all to raise their game - even the ones we all love to hate.
    Last edited by trinitoon; 01-02-2022 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    Let's get this straight:

We now have:

1. Monster sized CB
    2. Real LB
    3. Real RB
    4. Serious DM
    5. Monster sized CF
    6. An attack-minded manager

....and people can only see the doom in this? Any or all of them might/might not be the full ticket. But I much rather have these squad improvements than not. Please stop flapping and let's get on with supporting the lads.

Discounting all that have come in is like ignoring all the Xmas presents you opened and just crying about what you didn't get.

C'mon now...

Let's stop the snivelling and "what ifs". Despite all that they've done wrong, no one will be cheering louder than me if some of our condemned misfits come good. We'll need them all to raise their game - even the ones we all love to hate.
    Yes, that lot of incomers are going to make a world of difference. I expected a good window but this is excellent.

It's still going to be a big fight to get clear of the drop zone, but once we do I can see us zooming up the table as we did in Rafa's last half-season.

Very grateful to the new owners who obviously know their stuff and despite the funds available haven't allowed themselves to be held to ransom.

Would have been nice to have some more options in attack, but lets just go with this. Kudos to the owners, good job in their first window.

Its going to be a race, all the way until the end of season.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)