+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gillingham

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Finney starts so we are up against it already
    Well I am struggling to find anything positive to say about that first half 11 strangers having a kick about in the park, ragged and disorganised couldn’t pass a good stool, creating nothing, midfield completely enept, defensively shakey and the forwards completely starved, nice to see our attacking midfielder playing at LB NOT !!!!!!

Must confess to being mystified by the substitution of Long. So now we've used 2 of our subs and Finney is still on!!

Agree about the first half. Total change in the second half. That's got to be one of the most one-sided halves of football I've ever seen. Thought we deserved at least a point tonight. Much as we've lost, if we can take that second half performance forest (and add some goals as well) I think we may just have a chance... and Harper to come into the team to boot. Let's stay positive guys!!! UP THE ALEX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Must confess to being mystified by the substitution of Long. So now we've used 2 of our subs and Finney is still on!!

That feint flicker of survival has well and truly been extinguished tonight. They huffed and puffed in the 2nd half but absolutely zero quality. Bizarre substitution to take Long off when Mandron was clearly struggling, Sambou is going to take an awful long time to get used to English football you get nowt for diving in the English leagues. Finney anonymous Murphy terrible and even Lowry had a poor game. And when you replace a poor player with a poor player Ainley for Finney tells you that we are still well short on the bench. I am not sure what is happening in training at Reaseheath but it certainly is not about winning football matches, time for a change it is not happening for Dave.

Well, certainly on this occasion, unless there's something we don't know about, Artell has to shoulder responsibility for this dire result. Why he took Long off I will never understand. With the total dominance of the second half we needed him as a finisher in the box. However, we had to rely heavily on an ageing Porter who just has no legs left. The other major finger to point at DA is the continual appearance of Finney in a red shirt.. As I 'very said before, he is AT BEST a passenger but often a liability. Has he got some 'dirt' on Artell that he keeps getting picked?
    4 games ago, I was getting more optimistic but with only 17 games left and, effectively, 9 points to make up, I can't see any more hope.
    The ex- Chelsea guy brought a little bit of fresh air to events.

Well, certainly on this occasion, unless there's something we don't know about, Artell has to shoulder responsibility for this dire result. Why he took Long off I will never understand. With the total dominance of the second half we needed him as a finisher in the box. However, we had to rely heavily on an ageing Porter who just has no legs left. The other major finger to point at DA is the continual appearance of Finney in a red shirt.. As I 'very said before, he is AT BEST a passenger but often a liability. Has he got some 'dirt' on Artell that he keeps getting picked?
    4 games ago, I was getting more optimistic but with only 17 games left and, effectively, 9 points to make up, I can't see any more hope.
    Well we now know Long was feeling unwell before KO but tried to play through it - came off as he felt worse. Not a lucky player!

Well it is not looking good for a positive outcome by the finish of the season. One just hopes that some of the new signings bring some cheer for our supporters. The statistics do not lie and pin point the poor defensive record and the failure to be able to score goals. It would be nice to know the latest situation about Ben Knight’s injury since his impressive goal and performance in his last game v Doncaster Rovers on 1 December.

Can anybody give any definative answer of why Zac Williams is missing? I have heard a few rumours but bnothing concrete.

We keep being told he is ill. Hopefully not the same kind of 'illness' that Dale had at the beginning of the season!
    The guy needs a serious MOT as he seems to be an injury/illness plagued.

Thanks for that Gazan. I did see on twitter somebody saying he is ill and going to be out for a good while as though they know what is the matter with him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast