+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wout Weghorst

Wout Weghorst

Your thoughts ?

Should suit our footballing style,so if he can do what Wood couldn't and find the net in crucial games we have a slight chance of staying up.If he doesn't we are phooked.
    At least there is a hit of optimism and hope I'd Cornet and McNeil can put some decent crosses in to him..He seems a nice bloke from what I've seen of him.
    Also our own ****house is nearly fit so that's another bonus if he's fully fit and firing on all systems.

Sounds promising Alf. Here is an excerpt from The Athletic today:

"He is a driven and determined individual, constantly putting in extra work and delving into in-depth self-analysis. During his time at Willem II, he publicly criticised the team’s pre-match meal, which consisted of burgers, deep-fried chicken and mashed potato balls.

He is ultra-competitive, too. In his final game for AZ Alkmaar in May 2018, Weghorst scored twice in a 6-0 win but team-mate Alireza Jahanbaksh scored a hat-trick, ending the season as top goalscorer above the Dutch striker. He was not best pleased.

This is not to suggest he is selfish. He has a passion to be the best and his attitude has never changed. He has not been afraid to share his thoughts if he feels a team-mate is not pulling their weight on the pitch either, characteristics needed during a relegation battle. Maximum effort is expected every day at Burnley, which should suit Weghorst.

Off the pitch, he is described as a quiet and relaxed character. In the past, Weghorst has volunteered to visit pensioners in care homes during his spare time after watching a TV programme on loneliness among older people."

Sounds like the type of player we want in the team Warminster. Somebody to drive his team mates on in attack.

Fingers crossed Alf. We must beat Watford!

I got an email from the club saying we'd signed him for an undisclosed fee and at the same time it appeared on the BBC website saying we'd signed him for £12m, do you think I should tell them?

What I'm hearing is we've got him for £10.5m, we pay them an extra £1.5m should we stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    What I'm hearing is we've got him for £10.5m, we pay them an extra £1.5m should we stay up.
    But will Dyche play him or will it be the usual warming the bench until he is “Dyche fit” and learns how we play - after all hoof ball is so complex!

We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    But will Dyche play him or will it be the usual warming the bench until he is “Dyche fit” and learns how we play - after all hoof ball is so complex!

We shall see.
    Oh ye of little faith Swiss, he'll be starting Saturday, mark my words.

I hope so sinkov. My 12 year old Bolton residing grandson is making his debut as a fully fledged Claret fan on Saturday. I would like it very much if he can witness us beating Watford.

Red face

I hope you are right, sinkov. On past history he will have an injury so can’t play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)