+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Tonight v the fun

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Players who shouldn't be playing for us are sporle, clark, mcnulty, hoti, harkes along with experienced ones out on loan.
    This is an interesting list. I'd say with some confidence that three of those players were almost certainly Asghar influenced signings.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I don't see any difference in our chance creation this season as I did last season. Last season we had the 'golden boy' up front and it was all the midfields fault. This season he's gone and folk are suddenly blaming the strikers. I appreciate the strikers at the club aren't good enough, but they've hardly been getting chance after chance laid on for them every game. They need to be burying the chances they do get, last nights was a shocker, but they simply haven't been getting enough of them. We've been craving creativity in the middle of the park for about 5 years now. It beggars belief why we can't seem to rectify it. Instead we persevere with boys like Harkes, Pawlett and Clark to supply the ammo. It's a fcuking headshaker.
    At least in Shankland we had someone who could compete. Win the ball, or do something with the ball at his feet. Shankland positionally is miles in front of Mcnulty too. In Clark and Mcnulty we have 2 players who just are not cut out for it. Every touch is a **** one, every tackle is a stretch and a foul, 99% of headers are lost or again another foul, passing is off, continually outmuscled. Honestly if we persevere with that formation and more importantly team selection we will be relegated. Clark in attacking midfield is hilarious, runs about pointing and throwing his arms up in the air yet he offers **** all, wouldnt get near the starting line of any other team in this league.

Going forward we need to get Mcnulty as far away from the team as possible. Use Pawlett and Clark as impact subs because that is their strength and stop using our full backs as wingers. Get a partnership forming down the right and left between our full backs and wide men and get seeing what the hell is out there in the freebie market in terms of a big striker and SOME PACE to play out wide.

I was a fan of Courts but this has just turned into another Mickey Mellon team. I wanted to turn a Dundee Derby off at 0-0.

I'm sure when he first came that Niskanen had a free role, turning up on either wing. Maybe it's just me, but it looks like he has been told to stay on the left. Does Tam have enough confidence in the midfield or McMann? Is that why Niskanen is on the left. Like I say, it looks that way to me.

The stuff we being served is just nowhere near good enough and has been for a long time. The fans were well up for it last night but that energy soon disappeared after about 15 minutes when it was clear we were watching the usual long punt guff.

TC never has a settled side, we chop and change midfield/up front, guys like McNulty, Clark, Harkes, Levitt, Pawlett get extended game time while putting in mediocre performances and it expected that Appere, Glass etc get few minutes and expected to turn in performances. Why could TC not have given them extended game time so that they can settle in to some sort of game? They could not be any worse that the drivel we watching.

Tam after the game “I was pleased with the clean sheet, attitude and mentality of the players. Even the conditioning as we played Saturday and Dundee didn’t” (did we not just have 3 weeks off). “The chance that fell to Nicky Clark I felt like there were many more of those opportunities available tonight” really?? It must of have been my obscured view from near the top of the stand last night that made me miss them. Ever the optimist Tam and I know before someone comes on and says he’s hardly going to come out and saw the team were p ish. But surely a shot across the bows wldnt go a miss in one of his post match interviews!

Quote Originally Posted by Arab Eck View Post
    The stuff we being served is just nowhere near good enough and has been for a long time. The fans were well up for it last night but that energy soon disappeared after about 15 minutes when it was clear we were watching the usual long punt guff.

TC never has a settled side, we chop and change midfield/up front, guys like McNulty, Clark, Harkes, Levitt, Pawlett get extended game time while putting in mediocre performances and it expected that Appere, Glass etc get few minutes and expected to turn in performances. Why could TC not have given them extended game time so that they can settle in to some sort of game? They could not be any worse that the drivel we watching.
    I'd say we don't have a settled side because the players we have are mostly sh!t. I said last week, we'd start guys like Clark, Pawlett, Niskanen, Appere, Glass and they do nothing. We bench them the following week, they come on, have a positive impact (County for example) meriting a start the following week, then again turn in a shocker. Until we start signing actual good players, who can start and play consistently, it's going to be like this.

Just seen Clark's miss again. Phuxache, who the hell thinks they are going to have time to take a touch on the 6 yard line? The mind boggles.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Just seen Clark's miss again. Phuxache, who the hell thinks they are going to have time to take a touch on the 6 yard line? The mind boggles.
    some miss, but what a block from their defender, if that was one of our players heading it away on the ground like that we would be praising it so fair play

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    some miss, but what a block from their defender, if that was one of our players heading it away on the ground like that we would be praising it so fair play
    Yeah but it should have been hit first time and the defenders wouldn't have got anywhere near it.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Yeah but it should have been hit first time and the defenders wouldn't have got anywhere near it.
    Ive just seen that miss for the first time and i think Clark had given up on the ball reaching him for some reason and was therefore not ready to shape his foot to direct the ball into the net.

I think this is an indicator of the confidence, or lack thereof that is currently running through the squad.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)