+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nicola out of order?

Nicola out of order?

Sticking her nose in over the Badcock / Raith Rovers thing.

This is a football thing for me and any football fan has the right to comment on what's happened, obviously Raith fans in particular, but any fan can consider what they would think if it was their club involved. I have my opinion and it's that anyone who does what Badcock did should be banned from the professional game for life.

However for her to criticise from her position as Fuhrer, sorry FM, any business on its internal decision making, particularly where there is no danger to the country as a whole, is an absolute disgrace for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Sticking her nose in over the Badcock / Raith Rovers thing.
    Agree. Should be an SFA issue
    This is a football thing for me and any football fan has the right to comment on what's happened, obviously Raith fans in particular, but any fan can consider what they would think if it was their club involved. I have my opinion and it's that anyone who does what Badcock did should be banned from the professional game for life.

However for her to criticise from her position as Fuhrer, sorry FM, any business on its internal decision making, particularly where there is no danger to the country as a whole, is an absolute disgrace for me.
    Are there precedents for players being banned for offenses like the one he was sued for and lost?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Are there precedents for players being banned for offenses like the one he was sued for and lost?
    Don't think so, only my opinion that they should be banned for life.

Here we go.

Just had a discussion with ex Raith director about half an hour ago .....not one of the ones who just resigned

He wasn't going to go back but has decided to go.......he knows I'm into football and asked what I thought.

I said I thought David Goodwillie was entitled to earn a living just like anyone else......this surprised him a wee bit......and he asked why I thought that and I said he hasn't been convicted of a criminal offence in a criminal trial.....the morals of what he did or did not do did not come into it in my book.

He then said that it bothers him that he hasn't apologised......I then pointed out if he apologised he will no doubt face a criminal trial..... Why should he perjure himself.

Would I want dfc to sign Goodwillie and all the hoo ha that goes with it.....no......do I think he's entitled to earn a living....yes.

As for sturgeon she was involved in trying to get salmond done......she has previous

There was also someone on radio feminist sorry Scotland this morning saying there was a rape culture in Scottish football by players and a rape culture in general in the Scottish male population.......incredible truly incredible.....up there with John Swinney apologising on behalf of ALL Scottish men to hollyrood because of Harvey Weinstein.

Strange thing is Kaye Adams who was chief cheerleader in piley on today had to apologise for ***ual innuendos towards John Beattie at their handovers a few years back as Beattie was always in lycra cycling shorts when he came into the studio.......now I'm not comparing that to what Goodwillie did or didn't do but it's what she said I'm comparing...... after she apologised on air I distinctly remember her saying...." I've apologised that's the end of it (and laughed) I'm still entitled to earn a living"

Is there any way he could earn forgiveness? Any action he could take? Is there any example or precedent?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Here we go.

Just had a discussion with ex Raith director about half an hour ago .....not one of the ones who just resigned

He wasn't going to go back but has decided to go.......he knows I'm into football and asked what I thought.

I said I thought David Goodwillie was entitled to earn a living just like anyone else......this surprised him a wee bit......and he asked why I thought that and I said he hasn't been convicted of a criminal offence in a criminal trial.....the morals of what he did or did not do did not come into it in my book.

He then said that it bothers him that he hasn't apologised......I then pointed out if he apologised he will no doubt face a criminal trial..... Why should he perjure himself.

Would I want dfc to sign Goodwillie and all the hoo ha that goes with it.....no......do I think he's entitled to earn a living....yes.

As for sturgeon she was involved in trying to get salmond done......she has previous

There was also someone on radio feminist sorry Scotland this morning saying there was a rape culture in Scottish football by players and a rape culture in general in the Scottish male population.......incredible truly incredible.....up there with John Swinney apologising on behalf of ALL Scottish men to hollyrood because of Harvey Weinstein.
    Maybe depends on personal experiences and / or experiences of people you know whether or not you can accept that a known rapist, convicted in law or not, should be considered as a member of normal polite society.

Should such a person be entitled to earn a living? Of course they should.

Should they be allowed to work in an environment where there are females or vulnerable people employed? Probably not IMO but that's for the employer to make a call on.

Is professional football (or any professional sport for that matter) a special case? Yes, clubs have young and impressionable supporters that they have to consider in the decision; this sends out a very poor message.

Should Sturgeon keep her nose out of football? 100% yes.

He's been playing for Clyde for the last 5 year and she hasn't said a word about him until it has made it's way into the media. Not like her to jump on a bandwagon and show how much she "cares".

Quote Originally Posted by ghangsta View Post
    He's been playing for Clyde for the last 5 year and she hasn't said a word about him until it has made it's way into the media. Not like her to jump on a bandwagon and show how much she "cares".
    Agree.

Dosent want somebody who hasn't been convicted of rape to earn a living but would openly welcome the jahadi lassie to Scotland who watched and no doubt cheered on beheadings of UK citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Is there any way he could earn forgiveness? Any action he could take? Is there any example or precedent?
    He would say (no doubt) earn forgiveness for what .....the maintains his innocence.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)