+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: MotM Dan Burn

MotM Dan Burn

I for one am always pleased when a fellow Geordie comes home.

Carroll returning was a nice thing but we knew it was a ploy by FCB to placate us. He didn't improve us. It was a shame and a waste.

Dan Burn coming back on the other hand is quite exciting. He's looked better and better this season and had Lukaku in his pocket for the flying rats.

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/st...67824704409602

Here is a boss man performance for Fulham, mans a beast!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZk053Cj4qY

He's gonna go up another gear as soon as he pulls that 19 XXXXXL shirt on!

I'm buzzing to see him play & see how much further up the field our defensive line will start in each match.

Couple that with Bruno the rottweiler in the middle of the park I'm getting very excited about watching us play against Everton!

3 points please lads!

I'm sure he has a mistake in him. But people would have to be mad to think our defence has not improved.

Half of this man mountain is probably twice as good as Lascelles, Clark has been dropped altogether and we've bought two real full backs - no more musical chairs of midlfielders playing back there...all protected by Bruno.

The worst could still happen but the owners have tried to do right by us.
    Last edited by trinitoon; 04-02-2022 at 10:25 AM.

Some nice comments here from today's Brighton Argus:

Graham Potter has revealed his parting joke with Dan Burn as the defender left Albion.

The Seagulls start life without their towering Geordie tomorrow as they take on Tottenham in the FA Cup.

They have options at the back with Lewis Dunk and Shane Duffy available.

But Burn was a great option for Potter and a wholehearted competitor - on good days and not so good.

Some of the bigger challenges came against Adama Traore, the muscular Wolves winger who is now at Barcelona.

Potter said: “We were laughing that he got a move to Barcelona and he was the one who was a bit like Kryptonite to him.

“He was thankful for that and we were half-joking that he was the one who got him the move there!

“It was to say thanks, to have a joke with him.

“He was fantastic for us, a big part of what we’re trying to do on and off the pitch.

“He took on new challenges with the utmost professionalism and effort.

“He’s a great guy, we’re happy for him.

“It was one of those situations, win win win for everybody.

“Newcastle get a good player, a good character, we get a good fee and Dan gets a move to his boyhood club. It’s a nice story.

“The player indicated it was something he wanted to explore.

“He’s from the area, he’s got family in the area. He’s 29 and with his contract situation, you have to consider the finances.

“It felt like good business for the club.

“It was difficult because of his quality on and off the pitch but we have got good options in those defensive areas so it made sense for everyone.”
    Unquote

Nice review that Kemptown. have you seen much of him as a player?

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Nice review that Kemptown. have you seen much of him as a player?
    Not this season ExPat. As an old gadgy I haven't wanted to risk the packed trains back from the Amex!

But I have been following the reports in the local press and the fan comments.
    All have been really positive.
    My neighbour is a season ticket holder at the Amex and he has been really impressed this season.

To be fair, over the previous few seasons Albion have been spoilt for choice at centre back. With Dunk, Duffy, White and Webster in good form he didn't get a lot of chances there.
    With no real left back at the club he was usually stuck there. Against a quick, tricky winger - like Traore - he has problems. He's a big unit and has the turning circle of an oil tanker, but he stuck to his job and did pretty well.

This season, White is gone, Dunk, Duffy and Webster have all been injured at one time or another, and Cucurella has come in at left back, so he has played in his natural position and been a revelation.

I think he is prone to the odd cock up, but got a fair turn of speed once he gets in gear and a real pain in the arse in the opposing penalty area at corners and free kicks. Will be good to see him and Wood in there!

Thanks for that Kemptown. My sister, who lives in Rottingdean takes her grandson rates him, but she would being a fellow Geordie.

I'm looking forward to seeing him going upfront at set-pieces at the other end. I think he'll wreak havoc.

We used to pop into the Plough Inn in Rottingdean.
    They did a nice Sunday lunch there.
    It's just up the road from where we used to live in Kemptown.
    Now we live on the Hove border we don't venture that far East!

I think those comments from his former manager are indictive of the type of person we've got. . . someone who will do wonders for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    comments from his former manager
    Also indicative that Potter is also a class act. Many a manager would not have passed up the opportunity for a snipe.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    Also indicative that Potter is also a class act. Many a manager would not have passed up the opportunity for a snipe.
    Great point Trin, you're 100% correct.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)