+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: St Johnstone Away

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Nae team as such lads but i can confirm the new arsenal laddie starts, McNulty is rightly dropped, Pawlett starts as does Smith with sheep out for a good month or 2
    Freeman out for 2 months is a sore one. Especially given his willingness to drive forward. Liam Smith coming back to cover RB is timely.

Reckon we'll have a game on our hands today vs a StJ team that will be desperate to build on a good win vs Livi midweek.

If Pawlett starts, I hope he's playing through the middle. He's useless on the flank.

We should try Watt on the left and Niskanen on the right.

Good luck to the boys.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Yeah 6 defeats in a row was indeed a bad run.
    So what's your point?
    Well you were having somewhat of a dig at our 'not so fanatical' fans, I assume because we weren't 'happy clapping' after our worst run in what was it, almost 16 years? So yes, it is actually good run compared to that, regardless of your thoughts on fans other than yourself.

Siegrist, Smith, Edwards, Graham, Butch, Akinola, Levitt, Harkes, Pawlett, Clark, Watt

Seigrest
    Smith, Edwards, Butcher, Graham
    Levitt, Akinola, Harkes
    Pawlett, Clark, Watt

Subs: Eriksson, McDonald, Niskanen, McNulty, Meekison, Neilson, Mochrie, McMann, McLeod

Rory MacLeod is striker, just turned 16. This is the website article from him signing pro terms

We are delighted to confirm that 15-year-old forward Rory MacLeod has put pen to paper on a three-year deal ahead of his 16th birthday in February.

After scoring on his U18s debut aged just 14, Rory has been a mainstay for the Young Terrors ever since, starting every game this campaign when available for selection.

As well as being comfortable in the number 10 role, the left-footer is most regularly deployed at striker, effective both with or without a strike partner. Rory has already scored four goals this campagn alongside a handful of assists too.

His performances for the U18s led to his call-up into the Scotland U16s squad earlier this year, where his front-post header against Wales in the Victory Shield Final was the difference between the sides as Scotland retained the trophy.

The SFA Performance School graduate has been in a full-time environment at the HPC since last summer after being granted an extended work placement from St John's RC High, becoming a regular amongst first-team training.

Academy Director Andy Goldie gave his thoughts on securing Rory's services for a further three years.

“We are delighted to welcome Rory as our latest Academy graduate to commit his future to the Club. He is a player who instantly excited me when I joined in February 2019 and it has been a privilege to watch him embrace the challenges and opportunities our young players are provided with at Dundee United, rather than entertaining opportunities elsewhere."

He continued, "Already, he is regularly training with the First Team, as well as being capped at Under 16 level however, if he is to fulfil his full potential long term, he must continue to show the same work ethic, accountability and character that has earned him these rewards thus far. If he can, I am sure there will be more significant milestones ahead of him.”

Rory himself added, " I'm just so proud to sign my first professional contract with Dundee United. I have been part of this club since the age of six. I've gained valuable experience and game time at various levels, particularly over the last six months, and I'm looking forward to continuing to develop with the support of the coaches and the club. There are definitely exciting times ahead and I cant wait to experience them!"

Anyone got any idea who our left back is this afternoon?

Looking at that team, got to say that Courts is lumping a lot of responsibility on Acinola and Levitt. Harkes had better pull his socks up and get involved today.

It's not the team I would have chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Id imagine just as BackRowArab posted. He is left footed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Looking at that team, got to say that Courts is lumping a lot of responsibility on Acinola and Levitt. Harkes had better pull his socks up and get involved today.

It's not the team I would have chosen.
    What team would you have chosen?

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)