+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: St Johnstone Away

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Failed to work the goalkeeper would probably be more accurate then. I am prepared to concede though that if we somehow win on Wednesday and again on Saturday then my outlook will completely change and my shed shades will be firmly back in place

no you are 100% right - we were sh!te. lets take off our most promising player at half time instead of fixing the issue on the right hand side. Terrible management, simple as. He has to start learning somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    I have decided I don't like modern coaches. yup technical and in depth but too much in my opinion.
    Spot on SB71. Young players seem to have their natural ability stifled to suit tactics and formations. It's not just United, it is happening to a lot of clubs. Even the experienced players seem wary of taking risks during a game nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Its clearly stronger than last year, Hearts and dundee are better than Killie/Accies right away, I'm not being deluded at all, I want Courts to do well and disagree with a manager change, I'm happy enough with our current position, would have taken it in August to be in a cluster of teams outside the top three with a good chance of top six or better, glad we recovered far the losing run
    OK shedka, deluded is a bit strong, so sorry for that. However, I don't understand your thinking that the league is strong. Most teams seem to be playing the same $hit we are and are rightly far from happy with this.

The only difference this time around is that Hibs and Dons are both shyte too so there is a clear split between the top 3 and everyone else. There's a fair gap between the rest and the absolute shyte at the bottom though thankfully.

We know Tam was the cheap option, he was brought in to trim the squad/wages and promote young players from within. He has done this and we are sitting top half with 9 games to the split. Watt was the best player on the park on Saturday, but he has only played a handful of games and is still settling in, the rest of the team need to step up and play through him. Pawlett has clearly been given the link role, he drops deep in space and collects the ball….then passes back to the CH, he needs to do better, but he’s not the only one. Tam is a rookie at this level, and I’ve seen enough to think he will get better with time. Gassing managers is expensive and disruptive, we have been doing it for decades with little success.

The booing is understandable, but ugly! Graham, Freeman, Neilson, K.Smith , Mochrie, and others are getting their chance, but they too are learning about this level and deserve a bit of support when they are in the cut and thrust of league fixtures where fine margins decide games. We are in a precarious position at the moment, but still all to play for, and we can still have a good season, this week is huge!….

Quote Originally Posted by Handsup View Post
    We know Tam was the cheap option, he was brought in to trim the squad/wages and promote young players from within. He has done this and we are sitting top half with 9 games to the split. Watt was the best player on the park on Saturday, but he has only played a handful of games and is still settling in, the rest of the team need to step up and play through him. Pawlett has clearly been given the link role, he drops deep in space and collects the ball….then passes back to the CH, he needs to do better, but he’s not the only one. Tam is a rookie at this level, and I’ve seen enough to think he will get better with time. Gassing managers is expensive and disruptive, we have been doing it for decades with little success.

The booing is understandable, but ugly! Graham, Freeman, Neilson, K.Smith , Mochrie, and others are getting their chance, but they too are learning about this level and deserve a bit of support when they are in the cut and thrust of league fixtures where fine margins decide games. We are in a precarious position at the moment, but still all to play for, and we can still have a good season, this week is huge!….
    exactly this, 132% wages to turnover means we can't keep binning managers. I think we need to get behind Tam and the team and hope some money is available for attacking wingers in the summer, for me the booing only makes things harder

we passed up 3 really good chances on Sat to make the outcome and outlook very different

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Of course but not during the game, surely?
    I assume you mean the boo's directed at Pawlett when he went off? Yes, he's p!sh, but deary me, booing individual players going off is fcuking embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by edinarab View Post
    exactly this, 132% wages to turnover means we can't keep binning managers. I think we need to get behind Tam and the team and hope some money is available for attacking wingers in the summer, for me the booing only makes things harder

we passed up 3 really good chances on Sat to make the outcome and outlook very different
    So two things, just seen Tams interview

“Pleased to see more attacking intent”
    What a load of absolute tosh - as with your first game in charge Tam - don’t patronise us with your drivel spin.
    The game was shocking, 3 shots on target in 2 games. As with other teams in league eg Ross County, football isn’t complicated.
    Play two wingers and ask them to do one simple thing - run at them, get to the byline and cross the ball. Like United practice it in warm up, but little point as they never do it in a game!!

Second point, maybe another topic but 134% turnover to wages!! Like that is admin arithmetic so question - along with far too many players why have they got about 50 support staff as well
    I’m not an accountant but that support staff needs trimmed by about 50% at least.
    Most clubs aim for 67% wages to turnover and we are double that. A lot of things not right at our club and questions must be asked??

Mark Ogren has done a great job, but unless he is willing to write off millions of £s that he has invested then we are going to struggle!
    Last edited by tckeay83; 07-02-2022 at 06:00 PM.

I'm willing to put up with Tam just now but he needs stop waffling absolute pi5h. Can't listen to him anymore. Worse waffler of pi5h than Shabba.

I'd be shocked if we finished top 6 with these players, I've yet to see a tactical suggestion on this or any other messageboard that is going to magic us up some pace on the flanks, or up top, find some ball carriers, or a striker that has the physical attributes to make the ball stick. I've even seen people wanting Siegrist dropped after his heroics at parkhead and two shut-outs because he doesn't release it early, who is he meant to throw the ball out quickly to? The opposition could give us head start and still catch us up, and we have no one up front to physically make the ball stick, win a header for knock downs for others to feed off etc...

It's all fair and well demanding we pass the ball forward, but you need options ahead of you to pass to, and lack of width pace, runners, player to make so lack of obvious outlets makes players we have look even worse. It's not as though a new manager would come in just flick a switch on by telling the players to pass the ball quick, quality isn't there as we have seen in the past two games. Fact people want Butcher restored to midfield says it all, he has been excellent at centre half, but an absolute massive step back from Fuchs quality in first quarter of season, and that's no reflection on Butch. Only game in recent time we seemed to move the ball a bit in midfield was first half at Ibrox when the young guys played, so maybe some hope there for next season, but they went missing next game against Hibs.

We could just as easy be in a relegation scrap this season or scrape the top 6 season by being equally p1sh, not sure its a great barometer to our progress given how poor our performances are.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)