+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Grimsby 05.02.22 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    Anybody else think Colin Slater's send off was a bit of a damp squib ?
    It was built up as a real fanfare.
    The usual applause and a some photos on the scoreboard.
    I guess it’s difficult to plan these things in front of 9000 people, but I did think that someone would come onto the pitch say some words, play the video then have the minutes applause. I did think the Grimsby supporters were excellent through the applause too.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If we don't pick up at least 4 points from the next 2 games then Ardley will have been sacked with a better record at the same stage of the season than Burch will have.

As for potentially not even making the play offs. With Grimsby now level on points with us, it looks a reasonable possibility tonight and not so much hyperbole. There wouldn't be much hope finishing 6th or 7th and facing two away games to get to Wembley either. We've got to be aiming for 3rd at least for a decent stab at going up.

I fully expect us to win the next three games, but if not, with the games that follow, we could well be entering a whole new level of darkness.

Luton never finished lower than 7th at this level. Tranmere's worst was 6th, Oxford 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    I was fuming when I saw the team inside the ground, Vincent is far better than blunt, wake up Burchnall.
    Notts have as much chance as any other team in the top 10 of getting auto promotion.
    On our day we can beat anyone
    But we can also get beaten by anyone.
    Not sure who mentioned something on the radio after the game saying,when mansfaild got promoted that they won 20 of there remaking 22 games.
    Do I think Notts can put a run together like that??
    Maybe not
    But hey….it’s not impossible you know
    Player wise,there are too many not pulling there weight,and some changes won’t harm.
    Rodders for one needs a kick up the backside

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I wasn't there today, but based solely on what I have read here, there's a concern that we seem to have lost the desire. Wootton and Ruben have had their heads turned and need them turning back, or a spell on the bench.

Top spot looks out now, not just based on our points but Stockport look very strong together with Chesterfield. Still think we will make the play-offs but it will be very difficult if we finish 6th or 7th.

It's true that we need to be more clinical with our chances, but we've also got to stop trying to walk the ball into the net or score 'worldies' every time, which in a way is connected with the number of chances we miss. Sometimes there's no substitute for getting the ball into the mixer a bit earlier and picking up a few scrappy goals. I'm sure it's possible to mix it up between the generally good passing football we play, and sometimes going a bit more direct. It's not as if we haven't got the big forwards capable of either.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    Notts have as much chance as any other team in the top 10 of getting auto promotion.
    On our day we can beat anyone
    But we can also get beaten by anyone.
    Not sure who mentioned something on the radio after the game saying,when mansfaild got promoted that they won 20 of there remaking 22 games.
    Do I think Notts can put a run together like that??
    Maybe not
    But hey….it’s not impossible you know
    Player wise,there are too many not pulling there weight,and some changes won’t harm.
    Rodders for one needs a kick up the backside
    You should stsy off the cooking sherry if you think we can still win auto promotion. We may have Doyler in charge in a matter of weeks at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Agree…and Slocombe too. Doesn’t send out a good message when you play well and get dropped anyway for a managers favourite. Brunt has done absolutely nothing since he’s arrived. Baffling.

The lack of character and desire these last few games is worrying. IB doesn’t seem to be able to motivate the players or display an effective plan B (though at times he has managed to get plan A working very well).

We don’t look like a bonded team at the minute, fans will certainly start turning if we don’t start looking interested, or at least together.
    Yes, the way I see it......Recruitment may be a little too fond of its radar lists and identified targets. Brunt would only be interesting for us if he was ever released - not as a loanee when we already have his role covered. They should also prioritise that type of recruitment in the closed season and look at more immediate team needs during.

IB has shown he has a ruthless side in acting on DKE, JOB, Slocs and now Vincent (this last one for sure looking very wrong) Fine, but recruitment and team management needs to mix in a generous dollop of emotional intelligence as well - forging a team spirit, creating a band of brothers, is a very important factor to success.
    Tough decisions like Richardson for DKE are necessary. Others, that might not appear to be fair to the team, can go the opposite way I guess.
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 05-02-2022 at 06:46 PM.

The striking effectiveness of this team has been blunted by Burchinall’s bizarre team selection and individual player's placing. The better players are not as effective as they should be - when they are selected, that is

Expect at least one more year in non-league, this season’s gone. Expect too, some disillusioned favourites to be gone in the closed season,

I just don't see the point in Blunt, he's inferior to Vincent and Francis.

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast