+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dyche has lost the plot

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    He was a player playing without passion, disinterested and totally in the "comfort zone".

He should have been hooked after twenty minutes. This lad needs a kick up the arse and quick.
    Any creative player would lose interest after one or two years of hoof and hope.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Any creative player would lose interest after one or two years of hoof and hope.
    Leighton James would run rings round McNeil blindfolded.

My son who is an anorak counted the times McNeil took on a man and beat him = 0.

My son who is an anorak counted the times McNeil took on a man and beat him = 0.
    There was a winger once who had a very good career, 35 caps for England, played for Liverpool, but I don't recall ever seeing him beat a full-back. In the end he gave up even trying, but Stewart Downing had developed the knack of getting crosses in with the full back still in front of him, he took the full back out of the equation, he could just curve a centre round him, David Beckham was another who had the same knack. If McNeill can't get round a full back any more, and it seems he can't, he needs to borrow some old videos of Beckham and Downing, otherwise his career may go into terminal decline.

I don’t know what McNeil is being asked to do. At the start he was a winger who seemed to be able to get crosses in from almost the byline. Either he fancies himself as a creative No 10 or he is being asked to try to do that. Either way he is totally ineffective now and should be pulled.

go to https://www.premierleague.com/player...ts?co=1&se=418 and select season 21/22

stats are terrible 108 crosses , 1 assist all season shoot accuracy 32%

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    go to https://www.premierleague.com/player...ts?co=1&se=418 and select season 21/22

stats are terrible 108 crosses , 1 assist all season shoot accuracy 32%
    It is not just Mcneil.Check Brownhills stats since he arrived at BFC.They are even worse-much worse.

Gentlemen, appologies for being idle for so long, but I've been so bloody negative towards Dyche and what he's doing, that it shouldn't be allowed.

I read a interesting comment recently, that the longer SD stays in charge, the worse it gets. The interesting thing here is that it wasn't referred to the results, but all the things that are happening behinds the scenes. The longer he stays at Turf, the deeper his influence and legacy goes. And it was compared to Fergie's era at ManU, where they still struggle to get rid of the ghost of Alex.

BBC Lancs had an interview with Pace a month ago, where the chairman confirmed that decisions were often consulted with SD. A see a pattern and compare it to the Fergie-era.

Do you remember the pre-season match against Cadiz? (we lost 2-0). Cadiz are my fav team in Spain and I've followed them for years. Their manager then was Alavaro Cervera, litteraly a spanish version of Dyche. Got the team promoted, loyal to the selection, no clue beside what is indoctrinated, team asked to defend and attack colletively, long balls and mostly play without ball with a lot of running. You se the pattern. Anyway. Cadiz were in the same situation as us; bottom of the league, players lost faith in the project, lack of tactics etc. Same as us now. They sacked the lad and its a joy to watch the team play again. The results were instantly better and you could see the players enjoyed themselves on the pitch again. They got three players in January, but the players that were there before really stepped up and showed fighting spirit and willingness that was lost for over one year. <-- This is what we see now.

I honestly believe that SD deserves a VIP-lounge named after him or a statue outside Turf, but it's time for a change. It should have been done in the summer, and it should have been done in january. We seriously need a fresh breath, a new way of thinking, a manager with a plan b and c, with at least some tactical knowledge who is willing to try something different.

FFS, There are several good managers out there that would do a better job right now, just for the sake of a fresh breath, a change in aproach, gameplan etc. You all know this lads... Benitez is vacant, I'd even take big Sam instead of this Rubbish.
    Last edited by doggert; 06-02-2022 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doggert View Post
    Gentlemen, appologies for being idle for so long, but I've been so bloody negative towards Dyche and what he's doing, that it shouldn't be allowed.

I read a interesting comment recently, that the longer SD stays in charge, the worse it gets. The interesting thing here is that it wasn't referred to the results, but all the things that are happening behinds the scenes. The longer he stays at Turf, the deeper his influence and legacy goes. And it was compared to Fergie's era at ManU, where they still struggle to get rid of the ghost of Alex.

BBC Lancs had an interview with Pace a month ago, where the chairman confirmed that decisions were often consulted with SD. A see a pattern and compare it to the Fergie-era.

Do you remember the pre-season match against Cadiz? (we lost 2-0). Cadiz are my fav team in Spain and I've followed them for years. Their manager then was Alavaro Cervera, litteraly a spanish version of Dyche. Got the team promoted, loyal to the selection, no clue beside what is indoctrinated, team asked to defend and attack colletively, long balls and mostly play without ball with a lot of running. You se the pattern. Anyway. Cadiz were in the same situation as us; bottom of the league, players lost faith in the project, lack of tactics etc. Same as us now. They sacked the lad and its a joy to watch the team play again. The results were instantly better and you could see the players enjoyed themselves on the pitch again. They got three players in January, but the players that were there before really stepped up and showed fighting spirit and willingness that was lost for over one year. <-- This is what we see now.

I honestly believe that SD deserves a VIP-lounge named after him or a statue outside Turf, but it's time for a change. It should have been done in the summer, and it should have been done in january. We seriously need a fresh breath, a new way of thinking, a manager with a plan b and c, with at least some tactical knowledge who is willing to try something different.

FFS, There are several good managers out there that would do a better job right now, just for the sake of a fresh breath, a change in aproach, gameplan etc. You all know this lads... Benitez is vacant, I'd even take big Sam instead of this Rubbish.
    So all we need to do is sack Dyche, bring in Big Sam or Rafa, and our aging bunch of mediocre journeymen will football their way out of the bottom three and up the league. It's a nice idea, but somehow I just can't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    So all we need to do is sack Dyche, bring in Big Sam or Rafa, and our aging bunch of mediocre journeymen will football their way out of the bottom three and up the league. It's a nice idea, but somehow I just can't see it.
    My point is that a change is needed, sinkov. How many times have you seen the bodylanguage of the players being the opposite of what you'd exptect from a professional player? I agree that a lot of the players aren't good enough anymore and several of them do need a different challenge. That change will never come with Dyche and you know that as well as me. To put it in perspective, yes we have an aging squad, well, then why sell Benson? Young and inspiring lad who impressed several the few times he played. Loyalty to the established perhaps? (yes, that's sarcastic)

Dyche has done as much as he can for our club, now it's time for someone else.
    Last edited by doggert; 07-02-2022 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by doggert View Post
    My point is that a change is needed, sinkov. How many times have you seen the bodylanguage of the players being the opposite of what you'd exptect from a professional player? I agree that a lot of the players aren't good enough anymore and several of them do need a different challenge. That change will never come with Dyche and you know that as well as me. To put it in perspective, yes we have an aging squad, well, then why sell Benson? Young and inspiring lad who impressed several the few times he played. Loyalty to the established perhaps? (yes, that's sarcastic)

Dyche has done as much as he can for our club, now it's time for someone else.
    Interesting comments Doggert BUT SD has never been properly backed since his arrival at the club.I honestly believe that if SD had the players that could do it then he would play more expansive football-we saw it in the Championship winning season but with a side that could on paper legitimately claim to be competitive in that league.
    He is not daft our Sean and knows full well that if he tried that approach with this bunch then we would get drubbed by 4,5 or more goals every week.
    Arguably it would be more entertaining to watch but that is not Sean`s remit.His job is to keep BFC in the PL and I agree with Sinkov that the backbone of the current squad is not good enough to compete at this level and it does not matter who was in charge.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)