+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dyche has lost the plot

Now I accept all of that, but..Norwich minus 32 goal difference - 16 points. Burnley minus 11 goal difference - 13 points. We're not getting the rub of the green. We're just not. You'd think we were 9 points adrift or summat. We're 3 points (1 win) from safety and you guys are talking like we are down for sure. If Norwich can win a few games then so can we! Yes, really!

Quote Originally Posted by warminsterclaret View Post
    Now I accept all of that, but..Norwich minus 32 goal difference - 16 points. Burnley minus 11 goal difference - 13 points. We're not getting the rub of the green. We're just not. You'd think we were 9 points adrift or summat. We're 3 points (1 win) from safety and you guys are talking like we are down for sure. If Norwich can win a few games then so can we! Yes, really!
    Warminster your right and I’ll be there tonight and every opportunity I get to support my team , I think the reason people are posting that is when we get an opportunity against a similar level / standard to us of football ( not the elite 6/7 teams ) we didn’t show much ambition to win the game , we had wide men sulking and not contributing a centre mid who’d be lucky to play league 1 and a manager with no direction or plan to get us out of this other than hopefully the new man can do a better job than Chris Wood did for us , every team that comes to us or I watch us play has pace and creativity in it we are one paced , one dimensional and one trick ponies. ( sometimes at line up it’s like men and boys to look at them ).

I really want it to work for us I do , but I like a lot of Burnley fans we’re brought up on good football , I think we just want to see that win or lose we’ll accept the result as long as we compete in a way that’s entertaining.

Even in the dark days in division 4 we played or tried to play Football .

You have a point Warmy, looking at the league table, the situation is not hopeless, we have a better GD and games in hand on those above us, but the fixture list worries me. Four of our next six games are at home, great news, except that our visitors are Manchester United, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea. We cannot realistically expect to win any of those games, a couple of draws is the best we can hope for, those four home games are simply not going to get us off the bottom.

The next four away games are much more promising, Brighton, Palace, Brentford and Norwich. Seems to me our survival could depend on us winning at least two of those games, the best case scenario imo is 2 pnts from the home games, and 8 pnts from the away games, 10 pnts from the 8 games, and that really is pushing it.

That would put us on 23 pnts from 27 games, a ratio which would see us finishing on 32/33 pnts for the season, which would give us very little chance of survival. And that is my best case scenario, anything less than 10 pnts from the next 8 games makes it even more unlikely that we survive. Whichever way you look at it, we have a mountain to climb, and I see no evidence so far this season that we are capable of climbing it.

I can come to no other conclusion than that it's all going to end in tears. But as always, I could be wrong.

Ye and replace Norwich and Newcastle... we are still in the bottom 3...

Newcastle will get out. There isnt a hope in hell 2x teams are getting out of the bottom 3 and being replaced by who?
    Norwich and Everton? come on man.. have a look at the league.. who is worst than us? who cant beat their bottom 3 competition at home, and still think we haven't got the rub of the green? we didn't even try very hard, it wasn't rub of the green. we now have Utd, Liverpool, Brighton, Spurs, Palace, Chelsea.. when we pick up another 2/3 points over the next 6 games, is it more rub of the green stuff? at what point are we not good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post

Newcastle will get out. There isnt a hope in hell 2x teams are getting out of the bottom 3 and being replaced by who?
    Norwich and Everton? come on man.. have a look at the league.. who is worst than us? who cant beat their bottom 3 competition at home, and still think we haven't got the rub of the green? we didn't even try very hard, it wasn't rub of the green. we now have Utd, Liverpool, Brighton, Spurs, Palace, Chelsea.. when we pick up another 2/3 points over the next 6 games, is it more rub of the green stuff? at what point are we not good enough?
    That time is now. Alto will be looking down saying, "I told you so!"

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post

Much as I said Darkness it’s just realism , I so want it not to be but and as I’ve said many times the league doesn’t lie, and as you say we just don’t look like stringing 8 wins together from here.

Let's hope tonight is the night the Wegmeister General gets off the mark!

Let's hope tonight is the night the Wegmeister General gets off the mark!
    turned up with a shinner lol
    exquisite pass though to JRod
    Great shot, to the bottom left

first half was terrible, Second was much better / Utd went off it big time.. no idea what happened to them. Free point off Utd

I'll settle for an assist for WW!

I'll settle for an assist for WW!
    He played very well , looks intelligent and could be good for us going forward.

I know Brownhill gets some stick on here but I thought he helped a lot centrally -,not much quality but lots of endeavour- plus utd just didn’t like the rain.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)