+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking forward to Sunday......UTV

Looking forward to Sunday......UTV

Hi Toon fans, I bet you are also looking forward to Sundays visit from the Villa, I think just a few weeks ago you might have been dreading this game but the way you dispatched Everton last night I feel you guys have well and truly turned the corner. I never thought you would go down but maybe a few more finger nails will go a missing before hou continue your status in the prem and boy what a pre season you guys are going to have, you will be like a kid with a tenner in a sweet shop! Yes I am looking forward to it and expect a very hard game, you have made some really good signings but with our Target missing and maybe Trippier out, it could give us the edge? Anyeay guys, good luck, may the best team win. UTV

It will be a close game i think and missing Trippier and Targett is a blow. If the Saint plays like he did against Everton i think you're in trouble mind

The Saint is a top man but we have s few ourselves, Coutinho, Buendia, Ramsey! Our goals can come from all over the team, we are very good on the counter...If we can stop your top man, maybe we can sneak it with the odd goal?

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    It will be a close game i think and missing Trippier and Targett is a blow. If the Saint plays like he did against Everton i think you're in trouble mind
    Trippier hasn't been confirmed injured.

Targett will be replaced by Maquillo who has really pulled his socks up.

We will beat Villa!

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    The Saint is a top man but we have s few ourselves, Coutinho, Buendia, Ramsey! Our goals can come from all over the team, we are very good on the counter...If we can stop your top man, maybe we can sneak it with the odd goal?
    Ramsey and Coutinho look good tonight but if James’ shot that hit the bar had gone in then it was 0-2 to Leeds. Fine margins and Villa were poor till they scored.

Ah, bollocks, man, I'd forgotten Target wouldn't be able to play.

Manquillo, I'm not too worried about but on the left/ Hmm and bugger.

And cheers, Dave...good to have some craic with other fans on here too.

Thanks Zip, yes we also picked up a couple of injuries and Buendia looks doubtful, Konsa now suspended, we may have Bailey back though. I will take a draw now...2-2

Coutinho looks like he's back to his old self with you lot, really envy that one! Two assists and a goal against Leeds. Can't really imagine any of our players having a game ending with stats like that to be honest.

Also seems like Stevie is getting a nice tune out of the players so far?

It's going to be an interesting game Sunday, in my mind there are no clear favourites for this one.

Agreed, lets discuss after the game!

Potentially 6 missing Villa players.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)