+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is hooliganism coming back?...

Is hooliganism coming back?...

I was talking last night with Forest fans and the subject of football violence came up,they told me that there was fighting all over Nottingham on Sunday when Leicester City visited for the FA Cup,I thought that it had died down apart from the odd flare up now and again but the general view is that it is very much on the increase again,a few of them that I know used to be in the Executive Crew and they said that it's not unusual to see 12-16 year olds starting out now on the hooligan trail and unbelievably there's 50-60 year olds leading the way and drugs are common place to take to a game now to give the buzz,it's a pity that things are going back to the dark days of the 80's when it was at its peak,is there been an increase of hooliganism at BP over the part few years?

At BP there is nobody up for a fight, though the ground does look as though it has been vandalised.

Quote Originally Posted by _Stefan_Kuntz View Post
    At BP there is nobody up for a fight, though the ground does look as though it has been vandalised.
    🤣🤣👍

Talking to a Wigan fan the other day in work about this, he’s stereotypical in wearing shorts, heavy drinker & looks the part with his Wigan tattoo on his leg I rib him over & say did they not have the right colour blue when you had that done 😀

He shows vids of kicking off on his phone & was it Stoke recently they played?

Also heard it kicked off here & there after the Dale away at the Biffos but Yoof mostly…

I think it is kept out of the news a lot as big money in football in the upper leagues & want to promote family friendly.. last news I remember seeing was a big fight, might have been Millwall & Everton where someone got stabbed or slashed??

I often wonder if wearing stone island clothing is a good thing at my age 😀

Keeping trouble out of the news seems to be common place, a mate of mine is a dibble & was working at Blackpool for a while a few years ago undercover..the amount of bad violence, ***ual assaults & murders are kept well under the radar as to not hurt the tourist trade is scary..

I think its a symptom of the lock down and people expressing their regained freedoms (I was in favour of the lock down)

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)