+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: There has to be a way he can be made captain

I'm not sure Lascelles will lose it, if he's as good behind the scenes as said.

What we'll end up with is Lascelles will wear the armband and Trippier, plus hopefully others, will be leaders on the pitch.

As long as Lascelles pulls his panties up, he doesn't need to be dropped. As a matter of fact, I'm sure every one of us is prepared to forgive any one of our miscreants who starts giving 100%.

I, for one, want them to succeed not fail; even though they might have been 24 carat dogs'hit in the past. JoLo is a case in point. Willock is another...

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Which reports are those? You suggested that Trippier be made captain, that would seem to mean Lascelles is not, therefore you ARE suggesting Lascelles be stripped of the captaincy. Lascelles has improved and benefitted since Trippier arrived as you point out and I agree, that’s why I wouldn’t change anything, simple really.
    My quote. "A matter of time", a matter of time is not instant. Just ask most on here if they have read good reports about Trippier other than on here. I'm sure you would get a positive response. I also pointed out that Lascelles had improved since Trippier's arrival. Is that not a coincidence.

I'm sure he will be captain eventually and you can quote me on that.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 13-02-2022 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    My quote. "A matter of time", a matter of time is not instant. Just ask most on here if they have read good reports about Trippier other than on here. I'm sure you would get a positive response. I also pointed out that Lascelles had improved since Trippier's arrival. Is that not a coincidence.

I'm sure he will be captain eventually and you can quote me on that.
    I can’t understand why everyone is now bulling up Lascelles. Facts are facts he is an atrocious defender and the ball is like a hot potato at his feet

He always has been a poor defender and always will be, he is a Chimpo defender at best and that is being kind to him.

i´m not saying Lascelles is worldclass he is really poor the most of the time and he won´t get much gametime next season if we stay up but we have had 100 post about trippier should be captain so my first post was just to point out that in my opinion the discussion about the armband pointless because the players follow the real captains and not the armband on the pitch.

Lascelles out today perfect chance to give Trippier the armband

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Lascelles out today perfect chance to give Trippier the armband
    Kieran Trippier has just led his side out for their warm-up to loud applause. Drizzly conditions here at St James' Park as the stadium starts to fill up. Just over half an hour now 'till kick-off.

Kieran Trippier captains #nufc in Jamaal Lascelles' absence after declaring himself fit to play. Javier Manquillo comes in for ineligible Matt Targett. Young midfielder Lucas de Bolle makes the bench after training with the first team Expect Bruno to get a longer cameo today
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 13-02-2022 at 01:51 PM.

Well, the original post has been dealt with.

Case closed.

LOL.

Great to that armband on Trippier today with Lacelles not playing shows what Howe thinks of him and impact he must be having in the dressing room. Already commanding the players love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    Great to that armband on Trippier today with Lacelles not playing shows what Howe thinks of him and impact he must be having in the dressing room. Already commanding the players love to see it.
    Agreed.

The fact we had Shelvey on pitch who is our usual stand in captain says it all really.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)