+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A team full of gingers

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    Any objections to this thread seem a bit weird given that the whole point seems to be to celebrate our flame-headed heroes.
    But we hardly had any Man U on the other hand had heaps could fill it up fast.

If you know your Leeds history Oz then I believe we had a few in the 1930s, 40s and 50s 😆👀

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    If you know your Leeds history Oz then I believe we had a few in the 1930s, 40s and 50s ����
    Lucky to remember what i do let alone history hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    Imagine what we could do with both of those in the side...
    We could play them now and they would be better than Roberts (even Billy - RIP).

question?

has ginger now become a racist term? Based on the posts some seem offended. Never really thought of it as that. More like yank or canuck to me than a racist term.

If so, I guess I'll have to stop calling my wife one.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    question?

has ginger now become a racist term? Based on the posts some seem offended. Never really thought of it as that. More like yank or canuck to me than a racist term.

Not sure Spaldy - I guess it depends on context and how the term is used.

I don’t see why celebrating people with a specific feature is discriminatory per se in an ‘unlawful’ sense. Is it that different from celebrating home grown players or people who were small in size but mighty in stature.

Two of our best ever players and captains both happened to be ginger haired and interesting to see how many played for us.

I think we identified maybe 4 but must be more than that.
    Bremner
    Strach
    Hopkin
    Robertson

A few that were close or had a hint

Mick Jones
    Michael Bridges
    Gordon McQueen
    Peter Mumby
    Andy Ritchie
    Jimmy Greenhoff

question?

There'll be a lot of offended cats out there.

Quote Originally Posted by denver11 View Post
    There'll be a lot of offended cats out there.
    Very good 🤣

question?

Back in the day, they were classed as not normal or weird. It's all because there we so few and far between. There is something with redheads the sun really affects them badly and they cant spend much time out in it.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Back in the day, they were classed as not normal or weird. It's all because there we so few and far between. There is something with redheads the sun really affects them badly and they cant spend much time out in it.
    Tell that to Gordon Strachan who spends time in La Manga during the summer with his family and hits all three golf courses (often with his fellow Scot Kenny Dalgleish).

They are both very competitive and good golfers - especially Mr D.

Leeds have had a few decent golfers over the years - Gary Mc and Gary Speed (RIP) amongst them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)