+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia & Putin

Russia & Putin

What a game of Chess this is becoming second guessing the next move! The West though should freeze every single Russian billionaires bank account immediately for starters then make plans to pull the plug on Russian energy even if it takes time or an alternative supply is more expensive. The new pipeline from Russia to Germany should be left to rot!

Bullies like Putin should not get the media attention they crave so all news reporting should be stopped. Those poor citizens in Ukraine deserve better than the aggression and threats! I wonder whether countries like Germany will stay solid when Russia supply 80% of their energy? I certainly hope so as otherwise NATO becomes irrelevant and weak!

The situation with Russia is serious enough but the real danger lies further East, China. When, and is only a matter of when, they invade Taiwan, that is when we could be in a very unpleasant time.

As for our energy supplies, if we accessed the vast amounts of shale gas that lies under our country, we would have relatively cheap energy for 50 years or more. It involves ‘fracking’ and is therefore politically sensitive!

Putin is a pathetic excuse of a man.

Five foot nothing and wearing built up shoes and making people stand in certain positions as to not show just what a pipsqeak he is.

I’m amazed we don’t have the ability to bump him off.

A total lightweight, a nonentity of a man.

At least the West/NATO is finally standing up to this bully. Has been going for years - the Litvinenko poisoning, the Skripal poisoning, the constant cyber attacks, the annexing of Crimea and Donbass, the meddling in elections ... and every time Putin denies or puts our false information.

Enough is enough. You cannot appease a bully ... history tells us that only too well. Time yo get tough with Russia even if it costs us. You cannot have Putin providing 50% of Europe’s energy and using it as a political lever.....

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’m amazed we don’t have the ability to bump him off.
    My sentiments entirely.

We do have the means to ‘bump him off’; it would just happen to bump off all of Moscow and a few hundred miles in each direction at the same time!

Instant Sunshine!

Putin playing a very good hand against USA........even China is taking notes and staying quite.....
    I would be telling NATO to go fcuk themselves.....with there arming of those old communist countries....The West's days are in fast decline because of years of corruption and dogy politicians in only to make a quick buck......and they usually make plenty out of wars....I wonder who really benefits from a war????
    Nothing to see here...

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    My sentiments entirely.
    You might want to hire a Russian hit team....there quite good at that on foreign soil!!!

I reckon Putin is just waiting for the Winter Olympics to end ..... so his Chinese friends don’t get offended ... then he will go in. Shameful the way Ukraine is being provoked by these so-called separatists and the constant disinformation campaign. Time to pull up the drawbridge with Russia IMO ...

double standards and risk escalation

Quote Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
    I reckon Putin is just waiting for the Winter Olympics to end ..... so his Chinese friends don’t get offended ... then he will go in. Shameful the way Ukraine is being provoked by these so-called separatists and the constant disinformation campaign. Time to pull up the drawbridge with Russia IMO ...
    Russia is opposed to Ukraine in NATO - it sees that as a threat to its national security.

You might remember the Cuban missile crisis. USA felt threatened by possibility of nuclear missiles in Cuba & forced a climbdown and Kennedy & Kruschev averted nuclear war.

If you read the reason for JFK being killed a large part was the de-escalation of cold war tensions as both JFK & Kruschev were scared by the dangers and consequences of nuclear war - but the miiltary powers of USA especially were gung -ho for nuclear strikes admitting and accepting of 40 MILLION USA deaths in the first hour!!!!- JFK had to go

Let's not be hypocrites- all NATO has to do is not admit Ukraine into the club or we head towards another Cuban missile type crisis & I don't think Biden can hang tough against his military

So a simple solution- tell Ukraine it can't join NATO

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)