+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Portsmouth

Portsmouth

Big question is not will we win or how many will we score but will we actually have a shot and will it be on target? Oh for the Gradi days when we could lose 4-3 rather than.. "Okay, we'll have nil but how many will the opposition score?"
    Please Dave do NOT play Lowery as a deep midfielder as we need creativity and link-up play further up the pitch. In fact play 4-4-2 and play U****we on the left of the middle 4 with Agyei on the right. Revert back to Porter and Long up front. Assuming Alebiosu is fit this will mean Travis playing on his wrong side but needs must.
    Prediction: can't see us getting any points on Saturday so 0-2 to Portsmouth.

I imagine it will be merry go round time again. Got a feeling that it will be Ainleys turn for a game tomorrow. Is Robertson injured, I don't think that I saw any reason for him not being available the other night at Wigan. Conditions could be similar to the Rotherham game three weeks ago and I'll go for the same result, 0-2.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    I imagine it will be merry go round time again. Got a feeling that it will be Ainleys turn for a game tomorrow. Is Robertson injured, I don't think that I saw any reason for him not being available the other night at Wigan. Conditions could be similar to the Rotherham game three weeks ago and I'll go for the same result, 0-2.

I am feeling a little more optimistic about tomorrow however that will be severely dented if Ainley is anywhere near the matchday squad an extremely below average player. 5-3-2 formation for me tomorrow with Harper definitely starting tomorrow with Lowery and Murphy in midfield. I like Gazan hope to see the Porter Long partnership back hopefully keeping Sambou out of the squad as he to is pretty poor. I am expecting a positive result tomorrow and am going for 2-1 Crewe.

Wow! 😃😉

Any news on Zac Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Any news on Zac Williams?

Was due back in training soon and I think they were hopeful to have him back playing in a couple of weeks, let’s hope so as we are paper thin in the Center back position, one more injury and big Dave would be putting his boots back on.

Just about to leave home and theres a bloody pitch inspection I doubted it would be on last night, why leave it so late fingers crossed its on.

It's OFF !!! Unbelievable tinpot from top to bottom, I feel sorry for the Pompey supporters it was obvious the game would be in doubt there should have been an inspection at 9 am just seen pictures of the pitch it's obvious it was waterlogged.

Been checking my phone all morning to see if the match is off. By 12.30 was convinced match MUST be on bearing in mind how far away supporters had to travel. So got on my train in Levenshulme and JUST AS I arrived on Crewe station, one hour before KO I see on Twitter that the game is OFF!.
    I thought those days were over.
    Might go and watch Stockport instead!

Chairman says basically by 3 it was looking playable and both Managers had wanted to wait as they thought it would be - we and they know GR drains really quickly, did the Ref?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast