+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We look like

We look like

..a football team again.

To have big players missing and to have that shape and organization was a joy to see. Slap on the back for all the players and a stand up round of applause for Eddie and his team for the work they’ve done since coming in.

Joe Willock was full of praise for Eddie after the game. Said he was "a great manager and person"

Will the Saint be back for Brentford next week?

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    Joe Willock was full of praise for Eddie after the game. Said he was "a great manager and person"

Will the Saint be back for Brentford next week?
    Thought it was a couple of weeks?

But, aye, we look like we can compete, whereas with that fat, useless shite Bruce, we constantly looked like a League 1 side struggling against a bigger team in a cup game.

Under The Cabb, there is no way we would have played like that. Lacking quality in many areas but most of the match was played at least "trying" to play the ball forward. The first half was a refreshing change for us playing far away from home.

Missed ASM badly. Not sure swapping Murphy and Fraser worked well...but hey, we got the point.

Happy with that.

I was very impressed by Targett and Burn today, considering they have just come into the squad they are fast becoming two of my favourite players. The back line looked so much better than having Lascelles in there, much more composed. I'm in two minds with Wood though, he works hard but never seems a threat to score, early days but we need him to get on the score sheet. The team is giving EH a headache in who he will eventually drop to bring in Bruno, but that's a plus too.
    Happy with the draw.

I know it goes against the current good mood...but I've seen nothing whatsoever in Wood that suggests he's going to come good. Sorry, but he looks poor no matter how many flick-ons he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I know it goes against the current good mood...but I've seen nothing whatsoever in Wood that suggests he's going to come good. Sorry, but he looks poor no matter how many flick-ons he gets.
    I agree he has had a number of games now and never looks like scoring poor signing

Agree. Wood is of course a handful, but hes not a threat. Tbh, I doubt he will score for us any time soon.

Might as well play Joelinton up front, to make room for Bruno.

Burnley sold us Wood and bought Weghorst for much less. And hes scoring goals for them and looking much more lively.

Cant wait to get Wilson back.

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post
    Burnley sold us Wood and bought Weghorst for much less. And hes scoring goals for them and looking much more lively.

Cant wait to get Wilson back.
    Well drop him and play our other dynamic option GAYLE

By the way we have never lost a game since he came into the side.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)