+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 44 of 90 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Ukraine [Incorporating 'Congrats to Russia' thread]

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    So... given that you like confirmed kills though... should we go with a figure of 4K Russians have been killed but 7k of their vehicles destroyed? Will that satisfy you?
    And for the record, this is where you showed yourself to be wholly a Kremlin agent. There is one source on the entire planet that puts Russian losses that low: Official Kremlin press releases. Every other source, including every single other Russian source puts it much higher.

And the fact that you just assume it's correct... If they've only lost 4,000 people why did they abandon the entire north of the country and any hope of total victory in April?

If they've only lost 4k, for what are they trying to recruit "300k" now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    And for the record, this is where you showed yourself to be wholly a Kremlin agent. There is one source on the entire planet that puts Russian losses that low: Official Kremlin press releases. Every other source, including every single other Russian source puts it much higher.

And the fact that you just assume it's correct... If they've only lost 4,000 people why did they abandon the entire north of the country and any hope of total victory in April?

If they've only lost 4k, for what are they trying to recruit "300k" now?
    That source was the BBC investigation and it followed a similar methodology as your tank counting source.

Are you agreed now that these numbers are all extremely flawed and not a basis for ‘understanding’ the war?
    Last edited by andy6025; 05-10-2022 at 01:23 AM.

Your sources? You linked old youtube videos. Pathetic.
    There’s also a good article I posted from a Swiss intelligence agent and it’s since the start of the war. The one YouTube video with the former assistant to the secretary of defence is also since the war started. The older ones are also very much worth watching if you’re genuinely interested in the origins of the conflict...

But I suspect you’re not. Just like a politician; if they hear anything that contradicts their narrative they put their fingers in their ears and shout “la la la la la” without addressing the substance of the issue.

Review the sources if you genuinely wish to discuss further. You asked for them.

Just like a politician; if they hear anything that contradicts their narrative they put their fingers in their ears and shout “la la la la la” without addressing the substance of the issue.
    Yes, that's exactly what you've been doing. Well spotted.

Review the sources if you genuinely wish to discuss further. You asked for them.
    Oh, I was never much interested in "discussing" this with you. You have no grip on reality whatsoever and have done nothing but repeat lies.

I merely wanted to counter your narrative. Job done, really.

Yes, that's exactly what you've been doing. Well spotted.

Oh, I was never much interested in "discussing" this with you. You have no grip on reality whatsoever and have done nothing but repeat lies.

I merely wanted to counter your narrative. Job done, really.
    You’ve countered nothing and instead resorted to insults. That’s the sign of a weak position.

I hope you have a warm winter.

You’ve countered nothing and instead resorted to insults. That’s the sign of a weak position.

I hope you have a warm winter.
    I've done a lot more than that of course. But if you feel insulted, I really don't mind.

And I've had a reasonable winter down here in Australia, thanks for your concern.

There’s also a good article I posted from a Swiss intelligence agent and it’s since the start of the war. The one YouTube video with the former assistant to the secretary of defence is also since the war started. The older ones are also very much worth watching if you’re genuinely interested in the origins of the conflict...

But I suspect you’re not. Just like a politician; if they hear anything that contradicts their narrative they put their fingers in their ears and shout “la la la la la” without addressing the substance of the issue.

Andy, you're so busy making various intellectual arguments, supported by things you find on the internet, you can't see the blindingly obvious. Putin and Russia, are a bunch of murderous gangsters who started this "Special Operation", or War to everybody else. I'm going to call you the A Word.

Apologist - for this psychopathic regime.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 05-10-2022 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    Andy, you're so busy making various intellectual arguments, supported by things you find on the internet, you can't see the blindingly obvious. Putin and Russia, are a bunch of murderous gangsters who started this "Special Operation", or War to everybody else. I'm going to call you the A Word.

Apologist - for this psychopathic regime.
    Thai Pie,

If we continue to swallow this western narrative that we’ve done nothing wrong at all and that it’s all the fault of the ‘evil murderous Putin and his psychopathic regime in Russia’, then we put all of the onus on Putin to change course in order for the conflict to deescalate. After all, if we’ve done nothing wrong then what could we possibly do? When faced with a raving psychopathic lunatic then the only thing you can hope to do is force them into submission. That would seem the only reasonable thing to do.

But what if we’re wrong? What if Putin and/or Russia’s side of the story, and the people of the Russian speaking regions of Ukraine actually have a legitimate point? What if they have a lot of legitimate points? What if it turns out that they’re not responsible for the conflict at all, but are rather reacting rationally against psychopathic leaders in Kiev, Washington and London? For them, the onus would be on us to change. Or should they just roll over and allow murderous psychopaths to continue to kill and threaten their people? Just like in the paragraph above, that doesn’t seem rational. Newsflash: this is exactly the Russian point of view, and Putin, like any other Russian leader that’s sober, would see it in exactly the same way.

So now you have two opposing peoples, each thinking that the other is a psychopath. How do we get out?
    Last edited by andy6025; 05-10-2022 at 02:07 PM.

Refreshing to here a reasonable point of view from Andy rather than the parroting of the western media.
    What's clear is there needs to be an end game more favourable to everyone rather than a Russian surrender, which will never happen, every day that passes is more danger of an accidental or otherwise apocalypse happening.
    We really do deserve more than the current rhetoric from sleepy Joe and the dummies in our government.

We are allowed to listen to what Putin and the Russians have to say and what the West has to say. We can see on tv what is happening to towns and cities and people in Ukraine.
    Why aren't the Russian people allowed to do the same? Then they can make their own mind up if Putin is to be trusted or it's the evil West to blame.
    You are always suspicious when any free speech or view is dealt with by being arrested and locked up.
    There are Russian speaking people in Latvia, Estonia etc. Will that be a reason for Putin to ''liberate'' them too?

Page 44 of 90 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast