+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 77 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Ukraine [Incorporating 'Congrats to Russia' thread]

Let’s hope the Americans and Russians have some common sense with this Drone altercation!

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Let’s hope the Americans and Russians have some common sense with this Drone altercation!
    I can’t remember who it was but I saw an American official saying ‘well, incidents like these happen and we don’t want a direct confrontation with Russia, yadda yadda...”

...and then there was Lindsay Graham talking to Sean Hannity on Fox saying ‘Biden’s weak, we need a show of strength, etc., etc.’ and even ‘what would Reagan have done?’

Meanwhile the Cdn Foreign Minister has called for regime change in Russia, while your Rishi Sunak has been threatening both Russia and China. Oh dear... I think your armed forces are almost as pathetic as ours, aren’t they? And we’re both on the way to bankruptcy.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    I can’t remember who it was but I saw an American official saying ‘well, incidents like these happen and we don’t want a direct confrontation with Russia, yadda yadda...”

...and then there was Lindsay Graham talking to Sean Hannity on Fox saying ‘Biden’s weak, we need a show of strength, etc., etc.’ and even ‘what would Reagan have done?’

Meanwhile the Cdn Foreign Minister has called for regime change in Russia, while your Rishi Sunak has been threatening both Russia and China. Oh dear... I think your armed forces are almost as pathetic as ours, aren’t they? And we’re both on the way to bankruptcy.
    I'm not going to pretend to know anything about this situation, as a whole (not just this incident specifically), and I suspect nobody here genuinely has much of a grasp on the true complexity of it either. We're being bombarded with propaganda on all sides.
    All I know is that I don't want it to escalate and that it feels a bit weird with those you could usually rely upon to call for a peace process ramping up the ante. I accept that may be a clear indication that the west's position is fully justified, though my fear would be that it's yet another symptom of Trump/Brexit derangement of left/liberal leaning values and rational thinking. Sadly, we now live in times when you can't step out of line so much as an inch without people screaming you down as a Putin apologist, conspiracy theorist, racist, Nazi, etc. etc.

Scary times.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 16-03-2023 at 11:37 AM.

Lets get promoted eh before the world goes bang.

I think it's unlikely to escalate to direct confrontation between the US and Russia.

Biden doesn't want that because at the moment the war is destroying Russia's military capability with minimal risk and at minimal cost in blood or money to the US.

Putin doesn't want it because Russia would lose horribly and have to either take the conflict nuclear or accept defeat.

However, it's a damned risky time. Hopefully cooler heads do indeed prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    I think it's unlikely to escalate to direct confrontation between the US and Russia.

Biden doesn't want that because at the moment the war is destroying Russia's military capability with minimal risk and at minimal cost in blood or money to the US.

Putin doesn't want it because Russia would lose horribly and have to either take the conflict nuclear or accept defeat.

However, it's a damned risky time. Hopefully cooler heads do indeed prevail.
    I think your confidence in Nato might be misplaced, since nobody in Europe can field an army (except for the Turks who’d have nothing to do with it) and even the yanks are having such recruitment problems that they can field less than 100k combat troops.

Either way though we are agreed that nothing is likely to come out of this but some hot air.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    I think your confidence in Nato might be misplaced, since nobody in Europe can field an army (except for the Turks who’d have nothing to do with it) and even the yanks are having such recruitment problems that they can field less than 100k combat troops.

Either way though we are agreed that nothing is likely to come out of this but some hot air.
    I mean that's factually incorrect, but I mentioned neither Europe nor NATO, so it's also a waste of words... consistency really is your strong suit isn't it.

International arrest warrant issued for Vlad.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    International arrest warrant issued for Vlad.
    Zoom in and take a good look at the picture of the prosecutor for the ICC. He’s got just the right mixture of concern and a hard man sternness on his face. It’s all rather theatrical.

Good morning, Worm your honor
    The crown will plainly show the prisoner who now stands before you was caught red-handed stealing children... stealing children from orphanages on the front line of a war zone, and (gasp!)... adopting them out!

https://www.icc-cpi.int/news/stateme...vladimir-putin

Andy defending war crimes... situation normal

Page 77 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast