+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Match Ratings v Stockport

Match Ratings v Stockport

I enjoyed the game with the performance getting back to previous levels.

Stone - 6 better distribution but still doesn’t fill me with confidence
    Brindley- 6 a better performance with more forward passes
    Baldwin - 8 a couple of shaky moments but overall very good driving out of defence
    Cameron - 7 a good solid game
    Nemane - 6 Got in some good positions but his final ball isn’t dangerous enough
    Bostock - 9 back to near his preening best
    Crowley - 7 did some great link up work
    Austin - 6 still a bit anonymous in the midfield role
    Jones - 9 always a threat and is way above this level
    McGoldrick - 7 took his goal well but not as influential as he should be
    Langstaff - 8 amazing workrate, playing more as a link up than usual

Subs
    The bench isn’t strong enough at the moment

Toby - 5 have away the crucial second goal and didn’t look comfortable in a back 3 role
    Gosling - 5 didn’t mess anything up didn’t contribute much either

Stone 7- Thought he was much better. Made a very good 1v1 save and acted more of a sweeper in the second half as we pushed forward.
    Brindley 7- defended well and was much more positive with the ball
    Baldwin 9- my MOM. Showed all his best attributes without a lapse in concentration.
    Cameron 8- very good game
    Bostock 9- just oozes class. Broke up the play well and never wasted a pass.
    Austin 7.5- his best game in that deeper role. Ran his socks off.
    Nemane 6- much better second half but just seems to be lacking confidence. Hopefully takes the second half display into the next game.
    Jones 8- like Nemane a much better second half. Stockport doubled up on him but he still was a handful.
    Crowley 7- decent game, was busy but found it hard to unlock a very good defence.
    Langstaff 7- pretty much the same as Crowley. I liked seeing him more involved in the game and would like to see that again.
    Didsy 7- very tough gig against that defence. Would have been a 6 but he did his job by scoring.

TAR 4- gutted for the lad. Not much more I can say other than I hope to not see him in the back 3 anytime soon.

We came away with no points but for the fans that were there, it felt like it reignited a spark.
    Take that intensity and confidence into every game and we’ll be top 6.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    I enjoyed the game with the performance getting back to previous levels.

Stone - 6 better distribution but still doesn’t fill me with confidence
    Brindley- 6 a better performance with more forward passes
    Baldwin - 8 a couple of shaky moments but overall very good driving out of defence
    Cameron - 7 a good solid game
    Nemane - 6 Got in some good positions but his final ball isn’t dangerous enough
    Bostock - 9 back to near his preening best
    Crowley - 7 did some great link up work
    Austin - 6 still a bit anonymous in the midfield role
    Jones - 9 always a threat and is way above this level
    McGoldrick - 7 took his goal well but not as influential as he should be
    Langstaff - 8 amazing workrate, playing more as a link up than usual

Subs
    The bench isn’t strong enough at the moment

Toby - 5 have away the crucial second goal and didn’t look comfortable in a back 3 role
    Gosling - 5 didn’t mess anything up didn’t contribute much either
    I think Crowley Brindley and Austin all worthy of a higher mark.
    McGoldrick, poor touches for most of the night, would mark him down one.
    Nemane at best a 5. Improved late on but is clueless when crossing. He had 2 perfect opportunities from relatively close range to slide a ball between the keeper and oncoming forwards. Both times he hits the first defender. That is typical of his play. He is letting us down badly.
    On the whole though a fantastic response from the players the manager and the fans
    A great atmosphere created by the travelling Magpies. 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    I think Crowley Brindley and Austin all worthy of a higher mark.
    McGoldrick, poor touches for most of the night, would mark him down one.
    Nemane at best a 5. Improved late on but is clueless when crossing. He had 2 perfect opportunities from relatively close range to slide a ball between the keeper and oncoming forwards. Both times he hits the first defender. That is typical of his play. He is letting us down badly.
    On the whole though a fantastic response from the players the manager and the fans
    A great atmosphere created by the travelling Magpies. 9/10
    Agree with your remarks ref Crowley, Brindley & Austin but think your comments on Nemane a bit harsh, even the Stockpot commentators were heaping praise on Nemane, I thought he played well up against a very good defence who were always first to the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Agree with your remarks ref Crowley, Brindley & Austin but think your comments on Nemane a bit harsh, even the Stockpot commentators were heaping praise on Nemane, I thought he played well up against a very good defence who were always first to the ball.
    This.
    We see him play every week and are used to his runs.
    How often do we see an opposition winger/wingback make as many runs and 1-2s like Nemane? Hardly ever. He is a constant outlet on the wing for us and because of that, opposition commentators rightly praise him.
    He gets a rough deal from us because we know his final ball isn’t good enough, but compare him to other wingers in the league who are a constant threat…he sits high on the list imo.

Both sets of ratings look to be on the mark

Baldwin was not only Notts MoM but the best player on the pitch IMO. He didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

Great to see Brindley do himself justice with a much more positive performance

I hope there will be arrivals in the New Year to relieve Sam Austin of his deeper midfield role, because it really isn't his best position and it can't be doing his confidence any good. He's a good and versatile player and one of the best crossers of a ball at the club in my opinion, but this particular role is asking too much of his versatility. When he got moved back into his more natural attacking role against Shrewsbury, he played like someone who'd had the weight of the world lifted off his shoulders. Becoming known as 'Mr Versatile' can sometimes be a curse!

Bostock faces one way, turns other, puts foot on ball, repeat, looks in mirror, combs hair, turns one way, shapes the other ... then lays off to where it should have gone in first place. Tick tock, tick tock.

Yeh he eventually lays it off to where the right pass was not available, by using his skills on the ball.

Often the receiving player is under more pressure than he would have been if he'd got it first time. And 20 seconds have disappeared.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast