+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Ukraine [Incorporating 'Congrats to Russia' thread]

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I’m not sure it’s about relevance. Corbyn has been kicked out of the parliamentary Labour Party and Starmer threatened to do the same to Abbott and her cronies if they didn’t withdraw their signatures from the letter you’re talking about.

As I said above, speculating about what might have happened without seemingly being concerned about what has happened is a weird position to take. Kelsdyke probably realises this which is why he wanted to shut down any further discussion of it. But ‘what about Corbyn’ seems to be the sole defence of the Johnson government on a number of issues.
    Ok yes I agree with that. It doesn't make sense to ask 'what about Corbyn?' without considering the question 'what about Johnson?'.

To be fair though, Johnson has been among the European leaders to take a very firm position on this, so it doesn't look like his fondness for Russian money has compromised his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Azerbaijan has a load of them and they wiped the floor with Russia-backed Armenian forces to retake the Kharabakh region not long ago.

They also cost a fraction of the US or UK drones.
    Yes indeed. I may be wrong but I was told by a Turkish client that they are actually a joint venture between Turkey and Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Go to war and risk nuclear destruction, you sound as crazy as putin.
    Getting a bit tiresome hearing these calls for a no fly zone, which is the same outcome as going to war.
    ... so how do you propose to deal with the lunatic dictator. Your appeasement has failed. Bullies need to be confronted or else they continue to bully. There won't be a nuclear war. There was a very recent caller who phoned in to a media channel and said that Ukraine is not worth fighting for so let Putin have his way. He was probably sitting in Islington. That kind of thinking is the same as Chamberlain & co in 1938 regarding Czechoslovakia - look where that got everyone ...

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I’m not sure it’s about relevance. Corbyn has been kicked out of the parliamentary Labour Party and Starmer threatened to do the same to Abbott and her cronies if they didn’t withdraw their signatures from the letter you’re talking about.

As I said above, speculating about what might have happened without seemingly being concerned about what has happened is a weird position to take. Kelsdyke probably realises this which is why he wanted to shut down any further discussion of it
    Refer to my previous comments about not being interested or at all bothered, baiting again won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Yes indeed. I may be wrong but I was told by a Turkish client that they are actually a joint venture between Turkey and Ukraine.
    I thought they were just Turkish but have no idea really. If Ukraine was involved in the development that's a good thing as they should have a fair few of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... so how do you propose to deal with the lunatic dictator. Your appeasement has failed. Bullies need to be confronted or else they continue to bully. There won't be a nuclear war. There was a very recent caller who phoned in to a media channel and said that Ukraine is not worth fighting for so let Putin have his way. He was probably sitting in Islington. That kind of thinking is the same as Chamberlain & co in 1938 regarding Czechoslovakia - look where that got everyone ...
    I agree with a lot of what you say on this topic, but he could equally have been sitting on the other side of the spectrum. There are plenty of people on the anti-establishment right who think like that (just as in 1938).

... so how do you propose to deal with the lunatic dictator. Your appeasement has failed. Bullies need to be confronted ...
    ... still waiting for your solution, maddog ....

... we should be at decision time now ... failed appeasement ... Putin the idiot, deluded madman in charge of aggressive forces now needs fronting-up. Sorry folks, we need to go to war. All the liberal chattering classes have failed with their jaw-jaw. Suppose we've had a good run since 1945 ...
    All you are really saying is 'let's play the short game'. It's a very dangerous route which would be planned by a cohort of politicians who are in a nuclear bunker. You and I are not.
    I prefer the long game - which the planet is uniting over. The first strike in a nuclear conflict is believed by most seasoned diplomats and leaders to come from - ultimately - the losing side. The second reactive strike will be final.

I can't help be amused by the weird world of social media at times like this.

#IstandwithRussia is currently trending on Twitter, no doubt started by the Russian 'bots', but then lots of (apparently real) people are tweeting 'Why is #IstandwithRussia trending??'

I'm sure they'll figure it out eventually.

Page 21 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast