+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can someone also explain to me [Brunt vs. Vincent]

Can someone also explain to me [Brunt vs. Vincent]

How Brunt is better than Vincent?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 24-02-2022 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Clarification of title

He’s not Vincent should be one of the first names on the team sheet brunt was a pointless signing would of been better of putting the money towards a centre forward one that scores goals wins headers and can hold the ball up cause we ain’t got one

He was decent at Southend, I think the idea why he came on the other night was to try and unlock them and he was signed as we might get injuries/covid cases, luckily it hasn’t happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nottscounty1 View Post
    He’s not Vincent should be one of the first names on the team sheet brunt was a pointless signing would of been better of putting the money towards a centre forward one that scores goals wins headers and can hold the ball up cause we ain’t got one
    This!

Maybe it's written into his loan contract that he has to play so many games...otherwise I don't think he deserves to be in the team ahead of Vincent..

I'm already looking forward to the 3rd "Can someone explain to me"

It could become a regular series on here with thought provoking questions to encourage good healthy NCFC debate.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I'm already looking forward to the 3rd "Can someone explain to me"

It could become a regular series on here with thought provoking questions to encourage good healthy NCFC debate.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I'm already looking forward to the 3rd "Can someone explain to me".
    While we're on the subject, can anyone explain to me exactly what is was that Meatloaf wouldn't do for love?

It had bugged me for years but I'd almost forgotten about it until his death, now I'm wondering again.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    While we're on the subject, can anyone explain to me exactly what is was that Meatloaf wouldn't do for love?
    He was quite clear that he would do anything for love.

What he wouldn't do was "be screwing around". And indeed all the negative things at the end of every single verse.

E.g.

But I'll never forget the way you feel right now,
    Oh no, no way.
    And I would do anything for love,
    But I won't do that <--- FORGET THE WAY SHE FEELS RIGHT NOW
    Last edited by OchPie; 24-02-2022 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OchPie View Post
    He was quite clear that he would do anything for love.

What he wouldn't do was "be screwing around".
    Nice try, but:

Some people misunderstand the lyrics, claiming that the singer never identifies what "that" thing is, which he will not do. Steinman predicted this confusion during production. An early episode of the VH1program Pop-up Video made this claim at the end of the song's video: "Exactly what Meat Loaf won't do for love remains a mystery to this day." A reviewer writing for Allmusic commented that "The lyrics build suspense by portraying a romance-consumed lover who pledges to do anything in the name of love except 'that,' a mysterious thing that he will not specify." The reviewer concludes that the mystery is revealed during the closing stages of the song, incorrectly implying that all references of "that" refer to the female vocalist's predictions at the end. Others assume that "that" is a reference to a s ex act.

I'll have to pass on Brunt v Vincent.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast