+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Utilities cap

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Would that be the same Bulb electricity billing company that last October 2021 was facing collapse and had to be bailed by the U.K. government as it had too many customers for the other electricity billing companies to take on. https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/15...fgem-statement
    too many shandy's octopus! They have been really good for me and a lot of family friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    too many shandy's octopus! They have been really good for me and a lot of family friends.
    Lol......a dab with 8 arms, bet he has 6 fingers and toes as well.😀

Got them down to £174 after a bit of tooing and frowing.

They weren't budgen below that though without going through a financial management company.....wouldn't recommend that to anyone unless they are completely desperate.

I looked back and I've used 71% of gas and leccy Jan 21 to 22 as I did in 20 to 21.

Bulb are in special administration at the mo....so will get moved soon.

According to go compare there's no deals to be had at the moment.

Price cap will rise again in October just before next winter, perfect for Herr furious telling us to stay in the hoose again .....just dinnae turn the heating on.

Octopus made a mistake on my renewal date,to make up for the error,they froze my tariff at last years prices for next 12 months.

Probably the only time in 3 years they have made an error,and they spotted it and corrected it before I had noticed, but still froze my tariff.

Anybody that's a carer, Dundee carers centre just got a grant for carers winter assistance fund

01382 200422.

First come basis I think.

aye it was nonsense its octopus - aye well sorry was just trying to help like.
    Thanks for the apology.

For the record Octopus are an electricity billing company who purchase electricity from electricity generating companies. https://octopus.energy/green/
    However anyone who signs up to one of Octopus’s Green electricity tariffs will not receive 100% electricity which has come entirely from renewable electricity generating sources as everyone in the U.K. gets their electricity from the National Grid which is from a mix of oil, gas, nuclear, hydro and renewable electricity generating sources.
    Anyone who thinks that they are receiving 100% Green electricity in their home because they have signed up to Green electricity billing tariff are being misled.

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    Octopus made a mistake on my renewal date,to make up for the error,they froze my tariff at last years prices for next 12 months.

Probably the only time in 3 years they have made an error,and they spotted it and corrected it before I had noticed, but still froze my tariff.
    Just got an e mail today SSE , DD from April for electric going up from 40 to 59 and gas 38 to 62 , unbelievable, okay I’ve got two pensions and a partner which helps , but that’s crazy it’s time the government stepped in and stoped this , more and more people on their own and young couples with young family are going on the breadline

Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    Just got an e mail today SSE , DD from April for electric going up from 40 to 59 and gas 38 to 62 , unbelievable, okay I’ve got two pensions and a partner which helps , but that’s crazy it’s time the government stepped in and stoped this , more and more people on their own and young couples with young family are going on the breadline
    In my opinion we are paying these high gas and electricity prices to pander to people who want to save the planet with large oil and gas companies being forced to change to producing energy from expensive and unreliable renewable energy instead of oil, gas generating power stations in addition to nuclear generating power stations
    Meanwhile the Chinese and Indian Governments are constructing coal fired electricity generating power stations in their countries on an industrial scale with Wee Greta and the leaders of Extinction Rebellion saying nothing about it.
    We are too soft in the U.K. and the rest of the world.
    We should be telling Wee Greta and the leaders of Extinction Rebellion to take a hike especially as the United Nations leaders are also part of the problem. The members of the Intergovernmental panel on Climate Change told Governments throughout the world not to count the CO2 emissions from one particular sector of their economy from 1990 - 2019 inclusive!

Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    If that's monthly that's no bad, I got them down to £174

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    If that's monthly that's no bad, I got them down to £174
    I have just received details of the electricity rates being charged by the electricity billing company OVO who have in my opinion pulled a fast one.
    OVO in addition to increasing the KW hour rate from 20.84p per unit to 27.90p from 1st April 2022 are increasing the daily standard charge from the current 27.40p to 50.06p. This increase in the cost of the daily standard is ridiculous and a rip off by OVO to try to ensure that they still receive as much money from their customers even if they try to reduce their electricity consumption.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)