+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too early but screw it!

Too early but screw it!

It certainly appears that we've rounded the corner and are looking pretty much safe ( in terms that there are 6 teams below us and from those 6, 3 others will be worse off than NUFC by the end of the season ) so I'm gonna start my 'wish list' - ranked 1,2,3 etc with 1 being my first choice.

My choices are based on players we've been linked with.

Goalkeepers - Ins ( 1 of 2 )
    1 - Dean Henderson - linked in the winter but couldn't get the deal done
    2 - Jan Oblak - recently linked due to Trippier connection & entering the last year of his contract with Athleti

Goalkeepers - Out (2)
    1 - Darlow - not good enough
    2 - Elliot - baffling signing in the first place

Would like to keep Woodman but the timing is all wrong for this lad, hope he stays, goes out on loan and become the worldie we know he can be. However if he goes, I wish him a great career

Defence - In (3)
    1 - Botman - wants to join, will sign in the summer
    2 - Carlos - a little older than I'd like but still top quality
    3 - Targett - proved to be an awesome addition on loan

Defence - Out (4)
    1 - Clarke - sh!te
    2 - Fernandez - good lad but passed his best
    3 - Krafth - liability
    4 - Dummett - Mr 7/10 every week sadly a victim of progress & his continuing injury record

I would keep Lewis and see what Howe can do developing him. Decent back up to Targett. Manquillo as understudy for Tripz solves out fullback issues for next season at least.

Central defence takes a massive upgrade with Carlos & Botman. Lescelles is kept around as 5th choice behind BDBurm & Fabz.

Midfield - In (3)
    1 - Joao Palhinha - 6'2" defensive destroyer plays for Sporting Lisboa. My Portuguese mate raves about him (a Porto fan - so the lad must be good to get praise from the enemy). Recons he's too Physical for the Portuguese league and would be perfect for the Premier League. Full Portuguese international, top class player
    2 - Fabian Ruiz - 6'2" technical wizard B2B player. Full Spanish international, top class player

Midfield - Out (6)
    1 - Hendrick - an insult the shirt, gone and good riddance
    2 - Longstaffs - both - not gonna cut it sadly. Hate to see local lads leave but they are victims of Bruce damaging thir careers
    3 - Hayden - sadly lost his way and injuries have lead to his demise. Good lad just not good enough
    4 - Almiron - Always a positive lad but didn't ever step up to give the Goals and Assist required in the prem
    5 - Matt Richie - love this guy but his legs have gone, I wish him all the best

Playing a midfield 2 with Bruno & Ruiz would work as they are both CL quality. 3 with Palhinha is a frightening midfield.
    Shelvey, Willock and Joelinton complete the midfield slots

To be continued... gotta get back to work hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    It certainly appears that we've rounded the corner and are looking pretty much safe ( in terms that there are 6 teams below us and from those 6, 3 others will be worse off than NUFC by the end of the season ) so I'm gonna start my 'wish list' - ranked 1,2,3 etc with 1 being my first choice.

My choices are based on players we've been linked with.

Goalkeepers - Ins ( 1 of 2 )
    1 - Dean Henderson - linked in the winter but couldn't get the deal done
    2 - Jan Oblak - recently linked due to Trippier connection & entering the last year of his contract with Athleti

Goalkeepers - Out (2)
    1 - Darlow - not good enough
    2 - Elliot - baffling signing in the first place

Would like to keep Woodman but the timing is all wrong for this lad, hope he stays, goes out on loan and become the worldie we know he can be. However if he goes, I wish him a great career

Defence - In (3)
    1 - Botman - wants to join, will sign in the summer
    2 - Carlos - a little older than I'd like but still top quality
    3 - Targett - proved to be an awesome addition on loan

Defence - Out (4)
    1 - Clarke - sh!te
    2 - Fernandez - good lad but passed his best
    3 - Krafth - liability
    4 - Dummett - Mr 7/10 every week sadly a victim of progress & his continuing injury record

I would keep Lewis and see what Howe can do developing him. Decent back up to Targett. Manquillo as understudy for Tripz solves out fullback issues for next season at least.

Central defence takes a massive upgrade with Carlos & Botman. Lescelles is kept around as 5th choice behind BDBurm & Fabz.

Midfield - In (3)
    1 - Joao Palhinha - 6'2" defensive destroyer plays for Sporting Lisboa. My Portuguese mate raves about him (a Porto fan - so the lad must be good to get praise from the enemy). Recons he's too Physical for the Portuguese league and would be perfect for the Premier League. Full Portuguese international, top class player
    2 - Fabian Ruiz - 6'2" technical wizard B2B player. Full Spanish international, top class player

Midfield - Out (6)
    1 - Hendrick - an insult the shirt, gone and good riddance
    2 - Longstaffs - both - not gonna cut it sadly. Hate to see local lads leave but they are victims of Bruce damaging thir careers
    3 - Hayden - sadly lost his way and injuries have lead to his demise. Good lad just not good enough
    4 - Almiron - Always a positive lad but didn't ever step up to give the Goals and Assist required in the prem
    5 - Matt Richie - love this guy but his legs have gone, I wish him all the best

Playing a midfield 2 with Bruno & Ruiz would work as they are both CL quality. 3 with Palhinha is a frightening midfield.
    Shelvey, Willock and Joelinton complete the midfield slots

To be continued... gotta get back to work hahaha
    I assume you mean Gillespie when you say Elliott. Also you wanted 3 midfielders in and only named 2, are we to guess?

Only pulling ya pi55er... Good topic, should get loads of opinions / guesses in... I guess most of us will be on the same page regarding players out (give or take one or two) but incoming should bring some interesting views.

Keeper In Henderson or Vlachodimos
    Out Woodman and Gillespie

Defence In Milenkovic Targett and Carlos
    Out Clark Krafth Dummett and Fernandez

Midfield In Kostic and Lingard
    Out Ritchie Hendrick The Longstaffs and Murphy

Strikers In Jovic and Zapata
    Out Gayle

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Keeper In Henderson or Vlachodimos
    Out Woodman and Gillespie

Defence In Milenkovic Targett and Carlos
    Out Clark Krafth Dummett and Fernandez

Midfield In Kostic and Lingard
    Out Ritchie Hendrick The Longstaffs and Murphy

Strikers In Jovic and Zapata
    Out Gayle
    Mids. You forgot about Mitroviç?

Quote Originally Posted by Milburn9 View Post
    Mids. You forgot about Mitroviç?
    Maybe if we cant get Jovic

Quote Originally Posted by milburn9 View Post
    mids. You forgot about mitroviç?

Good topic.

I like the idea but the paranoid, fate tempting part of my brain just won't let me start thinking things like this till we are safe.

In for me

Henderson
    Targett
    Botman
    Kalvin Phillips
    Raphinha
    Darwin Nunez

Out...

Hayden
    Gayle
    Wilson
    Darlow
    Matty and Sean

Safe!? Get a grip. Dont get me wrong, things look a lot better, but its one loss and a draw and were back in the mud.

Our best asset is not the table position or our January shopping, its the spirit in the group. Long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post
    Safe!? Get a grip. Dont get me wrong, things look a lot better, but its one loss and a draw and were back in the mud.

Our best asset is not the table position or our January shopping, its the spirit in the group. Long may it continue.
    Its the sort of spirit and togetherness i saw in the Leicester team when they won the Premiership. Everyone was expecting them to blow it but they played far better than the sum of their parts with team spirit and desire to prove people wrong. Its this that will keep us up this season

Can't wait to contribute to this thread...but not until we're a LOT closer to safety.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)