+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Players we've missed out on "in my opinion"

Players we've missed out on "in my opinion"

Sorba Thomas , Karoma , both at the terriers and having a great season , Scott Twine he wanted to join us us ,having a great season at MK , many more have slipped through the net , I hope the lad from Oldham doesn't go the same way , Di màggió ,,,

I fear we have got a bad rep now as a club and how badly we're being run.
    And if any of us were players, who'd really want to sign for this appalling lot of owners. 😕

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I fear we have got a bad rep now as a club and how badly we're being run.
    And if any of us were players, who'd really want to sign for this appalling lot of owners. 😕
    opportunities missed tho Acido , we need the scouting network back again , forget the spreadsheets , our current form maybe down to the suits not picking certain players !?

It's alright having the talent, recognising it and nurturing it into something good is a different thing altogether.

I suspect that this club has been found wanting over the last 25 years in the regard of fulfilling potential. Probably explains why our academy hasn't produced enough over the years.

Hecky was good with nurturing young players and bringing the best out of them, so too was Andy Ritchie. Them two have probably brought through more talent through the Academy than anyone else since it opened.

Winstanley the same pre Academy and so too was Mick Wadsworth. These gentlemen knew talent when they saw it.

Tha needs folk on board who can work wi youngsters and nurture them. It's not always easy because players as well as human beings in general life reach potential at different ages or are late developers.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    It's alright having the talent, recognising it and nurturing it into something good is a different thing altogether.

I suspect that this club has been found wanting over the last 25 years in the regard of fulfilling potential. Probably explains why our academy hasn't produced enough over the years.

Hecky was good with nurturing young players and bringing the best out of them, so too was Andy Ritchie. Them two have probably brought through more talent through the Academy than anyone else since it opened.

Winstanley the same pre Academy and so too was Mick Wadsworth. These gentlemen knew talent when they saw it.

Tha needs folk on board who can work wi youngsters and nurture them. It's not always easy because players as well as human beings in general life reach potential at different ages or are late developers.
    i honestly carnt think of any player PH or AR brought through ? I can think or know of a few PH destroyed , but thats another matter , its best not to discuss on here ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    i honestly carnt think of any player PH or AR brought through ? I can think or know of a few PH destroyed , but thats another matter , its best not to discuss on here ,
    On reflection Roma tha reight but I tend to look at how Hecky improved our potential players like Marc Roberts and Josh Scowen to name 2. He also brought Bree through to the first team and sold him for big money.

Ritchie seemed to get a tune out of younger players like Tony Kay, Dale Tonge and Neil Austin in that league 1 promotion season who were from our academy. Unfortunately I've overlooked the fact that the various signings Ritchie made like Brian Howard, Nardiello, Devaney, Hayes etc obviously didn't come through our ranks and don't fit into that category so tha reight, Ritchie dint bring through anybody of real note with all due respect

Here's some more Animal 🙉

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    On reflection Roma tha reight but I tend to look at how Hecky improved our potential players like Marc Roberts and Josh Scowen to name 2. He also brought Bree through to the first team and sold him for big money.

Ritchie seemed to get a tune out of younger players like Tony Kay, Dale Tonge and Neil Austin in that league 1 promotion season who were from our academy. Unfortunately I've overlooked the fact that the various signings Ritchie made like Brian Howard, Nardiello, Devaney, Hayes etc obviously didn't come through our ranks and don't fit into that category so tha reight, Ritchie dint bring through anybody of real note with all due respect
    Him frm Leeds went to Cardiff I think,on a free,think it wa system why richie had success, play football in there half,takes pressure off, wat wa his name frm Leeds?

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    Him frm Leeds went to Cardiff I think,on a free,think it wa system why richie had success, play football in there half,takes pressure off, wat wa his name frm Leeds?
    McPhail .

And didnt richie get sack for lining his own pockets and Sam Allardyce frm england job.mi memory ain't that great anymore but there was some fiddling around the time we got promotion,big Sam getting england job.am I gonna get sued now for not speaking in code.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast