+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Challenge Cup Final

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    Jardi I’m not sure who this is aimed at. If your talking about Albertz and co well yes, I agree, however your comments in relation to the manager I don’t agree with.
    I have mentioned on another thread my views about last Saturdays performance being poor at best and how, in my view, the manager got it completely wrong against a poor raith side. Yes he may be doing his best and he may yet prove to be a fantastic manager, but my criticisms were basically the same as what you said about Johnstone on a regular basis. The shape of the team needed changed on Saturday as we were totally over ran in midfield and never got any form of control of the game as a result. Changes were then made in the last few minutes in the hope there would be an instant impact which very seldom happens. This opinion is made on what I seen on Saturday and is purely on a footballing basis. I am entitled to express that opinion on this board. After all is that not what it is for? To get debate generated on the football on show.
    Now if your saying we shouldn’t be doing that then what is the point of having a forum?
    So I for one will not be giving myself a shake and smelling any coffee. I am well aware that we are a poor side this season, despite your previous posts saying differently!
    However I wouldn’t say we are the worst team I have seen in the league this year and Saturday was definitely 3 points dropped. that I am afraid was mainly down to the tactics used on the day as raith are no better than us, particularly on recent form. So I am afraid I will leave the blame at the manager or grant Murray’s door for that one
    Firstly I agree that I should not rise to the bait as far as Albertz is concerned but I do find it frustrating that he can continue to post his nonsense with impunity when he has been banned from other sites on more than one occasion and warned on this one when we had an administrator but I shall endeavour to ignore his posts.
    With regards to the past weekend performance I do believe that we are not giving Raith enough praise regarding their continual pressing of Queens for most of the game. They were hungrier for it where we were not and visibly very flat perhaps as a consequence of the midweek game on the ploughed field. We desperately need players back no more so than Connolly who does provide a goal threat so let's cut Wullie some slack, he certainly fessed up in the post match interview to the failings, and see what reaction he can get from the players in the next few games.

Good afternoon Fatfan, much of the post was not directed to you, - as I suspect you know. It was with regards to the infantile posts which I think Spike has addressed, - because quite frankly, - there is no point in involving oneself with abject nonsense, - as several people have suggested and I'm sure the people involved will put their hand up and say that it was puerile.

Now to your good self: Of course you are entitled to your opinion, - as is everyone, and you were quite right to infer that the game plan should have been changed a bit quicker on Saturday, as Willie himself has acknowledged. However, the point I was attempting to make was one that I posted a few weeks ago (when I had suggested that Queens go for the best and most experienced manager possible) which was, that if we are going to accept Willie as manager then we must at least give him some time to bed in. Willie's appointment was like a breath of fresh air and despite the fact that he has got us off the bottom of the league and into a cup final (which none of us believed possible a few short weeks ago,) - some of us are having a go at him.

Now, rightly or wrongly, - may I politely suggest that we cut him a bit of slack please and see what happens in the next couple of games?

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Good afternoon Fatfan, much of the post was not directed to you, - as I suspect you know. It was with regards to the infantile posts which I think Spike has addressed, - because quite frankly, - there is no point in involving oneself with abject nonsense, - as several people have suggested and I'm sure the people involved will put their hand up and say that it was puerile.

Now to your good self: Of course you are entitled to your opinion, - as is everyone, and you were quite right to infer that the game plan should have been changed a bit quicker on Saturday, as Willie himself has acknowledged. However, the point I was attempting to make was one that I posted a few weeks ago (when I had suggested that Queens go for the best and most experienced manager possible) which was, that if we are going to accept Willie as manager then we must at least give him some time to bed in. Willie's appointment was like a breath of fresh air and despite the fact that he has got us off the bottom of the league and into a cup final (which none of us believed possible a few short weeks ago,) - some of us are having a go at him.

Now, rightly or wrongly, - may I politely suggest that we cut him a bit of slack please and see what happens in the next couple of games?
    Jardi you appear to think I will not accept Gibson as manager. You will see I mentioned that he may well go on and be a fantastic manager for queens and I truly hope he does well

However when I see something wrong I will attempt to call it out and voice my opinion in the hope it generates debate. It has nothing to do with cutting anyone any slack.

On a poitive note, some of us get to see the Queens for the first time in two years. Our last aborted attempt was The home game v Arbroath in the spring of 2020 when Covid reared its ugly head. With my glass half full head on, this is Queens fourth cup final in the last 14 years. Progress has been made and the club continues to survive and in many ways punch above its weight. Relegation may darken the doorstep, but ultimately The Doonhamers will still be the same and will bounce back.
    I do also have a question, what colours will the team be sporting on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmerseybranch View Post
    On a poitive note, some of us get to see the Queens for the first time in two years. Our last aborted attempt was The home game v Arbroath in the spring of 2020 when Covid reared its ugly head. With my glass half full head on, this is Queens fourth cup final in the last 14 years. Progress has been made and the club continues to survive and in many ways punch above its weight. Relegation may darken the doorstep, but ultimately The Doonhamers will still be the same and will bounce back.
    Queens are in their home kit with a limited edition shirt on sale...
    Raith Rovers are in their red away kit...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmerseybranch View Post
    Not sure I agree with punching above our weight.
    Maybe when we were part time getting top 4 and 5's every season then yes but imo the standard in this division is pretty poor where in contrast the league below is of a far higher standard than when we were last in there. That's my fear if we get relegated. Can see us being a permanent fixture. Under this boards ambition, then it is probably our level.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Not sure I agree with punching above our weight.
    Maybe when we were part time getting top 4 and 5's every season then yes but imo the standard in this division is pretty poor where in contrast the league below is of a far higher standard than when we were last in there. That's my fear if we get relegated. Can see us being a permanent fixture. Under this boards ambition, then it is probably our level.
    Yes doesn't make great reading - 7 seasons (soon to be 8) Queens have finished
    outwith the top 4 places - last time 2014 - 15 and as Deek says the League One
    looks a lot stronger than when we won it on 27th March 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Yes doesn't make great reading - 7 seasons (soon to be 8) Queens have finished
    outwith the top 4 places - last time 2014 - 15 and as Deek says the League One
    looks a lot stronger than when we won it on 27th March 2013.

queens have totally stagnated under this regime and are on a quick downward spiral ,this regime reminds me of the harkness years which us fans fought very hard to get rid of ,i agree this regime under hewitson and co came in and sorted the club a bit and built infrastructure tho not out of there own pockets might i add as hewitson has charged the club for building work through his firms ,the way i see it this regime has ran its course thay have achieved what thay originally came in to do sort the club and build the infrastructure so why are thay still here keeping the club in a stagnated way gradually down sizing ,its time to resign and put the club on the market for potential owners to move us forward most fans i know that i used to go to games with week in week out home and away have since lost alot of interest as a result of this stagnation .

Covid rife in D+G at the moment and quite a few Queens fans I know are positive and cant go. Anyway, fingers crossed that as many as possible can get there. We will be outnumbered but I'm sure the fans will be right behind the team

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Covid rife in D+G at the moment and quite a few Queens fans I know are positive and cant go. Anyway, fingers crossed that as many as possible can get there. We will be outnumbered but I'm sure the fans will be right behind the team

yep and making it same day as an old firm crunch game will also reduce potential attendees .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)