+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket (part dix)

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Never mind DCFC, England's chances v India or Bojo!
    All that counts is what happens down in Taunton tonight, come on you Falcons!🤞
    Will be a good game to win - 206 for 2 off 16bso far

Ah, 3 *****ity blast records set. Most runs conceded (team) most runs conceded (bowler in 4 overs) and biggest margin of defeat when chasing.

But at least the Rams won at Bradford.

I'm saying nothing!! 😢

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    I'm saying nothing!! ��
    Much better this than the heartache of a one run defeat

So after the absolute annihilation at the Oval yesterday, which thankfully id didn't waste £ 100+ on, I have the dubious privilege of paying £ 140 to bake in the sun at Lords tomorrow. Hope value for money is somewhat better. Still this day last year I was at the Open at Sandwich which at least makes £ 140 for a day at the cricket seem cheap

I guess for so long as their are people prepared to pay that much...........

I think the experiment of playing without openers seems to have failed.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I think the experiment of playing without openers seems to have failed.
    Who faces the first ball of the innings then?

the #3 batsman perhaps

The current 'attack, attack, attack' fad that Stokes wants means a traditional opener who (in theory) sees off the new ball is somewhat redundant unless, of course, it's Colin Milburn! Now he would be the first name on the team sheet!!
    This policy is great to watch and guarantees plenty of action but will inevitably mean disaster is not far away. The bowling attack needs to be on the ball when disaster strikes but ours is iffy imo.
    Will it last, who knows but expect fireworks if nowt else!

one of Zak Crawley's better knock today, he got to 13 before the inevitable

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)