+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket (part dix)

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Off topic.... my wallet was handed in and I now have it back including the cash.
    They must've seen your DCFC membership card, and thought "This bloke's suffered enough!"
    Glad you got it back.
    Hope the late start doesn't spoil things in Headingly.

I see a good fight developed in the Western Stand yesterday, so maybe cricket fans aren't as different as we suspected rA. That said the main protagonist seemed to be wearing a Paul Gascoigne replica shirt, so maybe we were right!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Off topic.... my wallet was handed in and I now have it back including the cash.
    Really good to hear. Just goes to show...there are more decent folk than we sometimes think around. More good than bad...hopefully, although it often doesn’t seem that way.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 27-06-2022 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I see a good fight developed in the Western Stand yesterday, so maybe cricket fans aren't as different as we suspected rA. That said the main protagonist seemed to be wearing a Paul Gascoigne replica shirt, so maybe we were right!
    Different times, GP. My first Test in 1964 veered between reverential silence and clapping. I’m not suggesting we should return to that, but nowadays it seems almost obligatory to dress like a clown and get ‘wasted’.
    Plus...it was a free day today with an almost guaranteed victory for ‘Ingerland’...you know who that attracts.

...............and of course they were Northerners

I rather liked the reverential silence, or rather the gentle noise coming off the crowd between overs as people swapped rubbers to correct errors in their scoring sheets. Nowadays they are more likely to swap rubbers before engaging in Ugandan activities in the bogs

and before you ask, I have witnessed that in the bogs at the Oval on a gentle Friday afternoon at a county match. It wouldn't have been tricky to get away with it though, despite the two fornicating spectators causing the crowd to dwindle by some 10%.

What a prat Broady! The worst over ever bowled in cricket leading to a world record in Tests of 35 runs!! Perhaps a good over mind if you support India!! Was it 6 no-balls in one over, unbelievable! A succession of short balls teeing Bumrah up for six after six!
    From 98 for 5 to 416!! Well it is England

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    What a prat Broady! The worst over ever bowled in cricket leading to a world record in Tests of 35 runs!! Perhaps a good over mind if you support India!! Was it 6 no-balls in one over, unbelievable! A succession of short balls teeing Bumrah up for six after six!
    From 98 for 5 to 416!! Well it is England
    Missed it mac. Had the rugby on. Certainly seems to be some brain dead stuff amongst the new ‘fearless’ approach.
    One record Jimmy will be glad to see the back of.

Look out for it I'm sure it'll be shown again!
    Very entertaining unless you play for or support England!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Look out for it I'm sure it'll be shown again!
    Very entertaining unless you play for or support England!
    Beginning to think they should open with Overton, and simultaneously strengthen the bowling. Not a good day to be English today with South Africa on the horizon.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)