+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bye bye play offs

All that is fine and good but we are dropping points left right and center.
    Same against Bristol as against millwall we were miles the better team but come out very frustrated.
    This has to stop,otherwise we are exiting the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    All that is fine and good but we are dropping points left right and center.
    Same against Bristol as against millwall we were miles the better team but come out very frustrated.
    This has to stop,otherwise we are exiting the play offs.
    That is all fine and good Robin if the sides like Luton etc etc where all winning games.
    Now Luton's 5 days in a play off place is over and they lost to a poor QPR side at home, maybe you will see why I was saying they where a poor outfit.
    Not really sure why you where talking them up. QPR have been losing loads recently. All the sides around have. You appear to think this is just happening to Rovers? Abd Luton etc are these fantastic sides chasing us down. If Luton where any good, they would have been way above us by now. We have scored 3 goals since xmas and won twice. In 13 games. Sorry but if any of these sides where good, they would all be well in front of such a woeful side like us. They aren't. They can barely muster a win between them. Us included.

I am NOT talking us up here. We are truly awful We are far more likely to go down next season once Ven Hecke leaves, and Lenihan etc. That we are going up this season.

The only reason we are 4th, is because the rest of this division are woeful too. Luton included. There is very little to choose between top and bottom. Apart from Fulham who are miles ahead.

we have been trying for weeks to fall away gracefully. Because this club and players have zero interest in promotion. That would mean they need to perform. They want to get back to easy street in mid-table asap. Trouble is, the sides around are all so poor, they are keeping us a false position where we do not want or deserve to be. Going up would be a complete disaster. They know that. The club knows that.
    That's why we kept Rothwell. That's why we signed Ryan Hedges. We are a joke.
    Luton are worse.
    Dont get

Why on earth wouldn't we want to go up.
    Yes on playing terms we would probably get embarrassed with the current team however we need the money.
    Eventually venkys will want some return and currently losing 20 million a year is not going to continue.
    A few of the players could hold their own up there but we are talking 1 or 2.
    Anyway nice to see dack in a rovers shirt again,even if it wasn't the fairy tale ending.

Why on earth wouldn't we want to go up.
    Yes on playing terms we would probably get embarrassed with the current team however we need the money.
    Eventually venkys will want some return and currently losing 20 million a year is not going to continue.
    A few of the players could hold their own up there but we are talking 1 or 2.
    Anyway nice to see dack in a rovers shirt again,even if it wasn't the fairy tale ending.
    A few reasons. The Venkys would then walk. So that would be goodbye Rovers.
    But from a football point of view, I disagree. Not one would make the step up. Apart from that decent centre half who is returning back to Brighton. The rest are a midtable Championship rubbish.
    Burnley are terrible, but so far ahead of us it would be just embarrassing. Look at Fulham.
    That 0-7 home defeat would be a regular occurrence.
    If folk can't handle us dropping away at this level after one spell of poor form, I would question how folk will cope with a few months of 7-0 defeats. The gap is getting bigger every season. Unless you have big money, or a system like Brentford that may surprise a few teams in the first season (which Rovers have neither) then it's relegation by Xmas. Norwich are so far off being able to stay in that league, it is funny. They are another club so far ahead of us it is frightening.
    Imagine Ryan Hedges in the prem. Our new £400k signing from Aberdeen in Jan. That was our intention right there.
    While they didnt announce it, because thats not how clubs do things. They told all our fans and everyone in our league what our intentions where. a £400k stump from Aberdeen who never plays. And some injury prone RB a million miles worse than Nyambe from the German second division. We where 2nd in Jan.
    The players are not interested, the manager isn't, neither are the club.
    As a fan, I would nit want to start forking out £40 for a CAT A game to see Liverpool destroy us. So for me, that is me out. I aint paying that. Been there and bought the t-shirt.
    I personally pocket nothing from going up. The Owners do, who will invest £0 into the club. As they then have their escape route mapped out. I am actually struggoing to think of one single positive.

No...we need to keep bottling it like we have been doing for 3 months, and pray that one of these absolutely god awful sides around us (who are all doing the same as us, as they cant afford to go up) get a few results and get ahead of us, and we bow out before embarrassing ourselves in the play offs. We are desperately trying to implode but its that poor a division, nobody else can muster a couple of wins.

I'm sorry but if you are a professional athlete and don't want to compete at the highest level,then you really shouldn't be playing.
    I agree venkys might walk but I sure as hell know,they won't be hanging around losing 20-30 million year on year,just because the players are not bothered.
    A promotion bonus tells me venkys want it and that should make the players want it.
    We are lacking the cutting edge currently.
    Just hope we can find it soon before our season is another damp squib.

I'm sorry but if you are a professional athlete and don't want to compete at the highest level,then you really shouldn't be playing.
    I agree venkys might walk but I sure as hell know,they won't be hanging around losing 20-30 million year on year,just because the players are not bothered.
    A promotion bonus tells me venkys want it and that should make the players want it.
    We are lacking the cutting edge currently.
    Just hope we can find it soon before our season is another damp squib.

I think Venkys are too trusting and buying into a massive lie that Mowbray and Waggot are feeding them. But thats just me.
    They say the right things. Our lads get paid a fortune and have the same facilities than most Prem clubs.
    the only difference is the pressure. They have none at our level.
    As good a player as Dack is at this level, reckon he spends 2 hours practising pens after training? Like Shearer used to do?
    That's why Sherer never missed. Thats why he made it at the top level.
    There is a reason Dack will never play at the highest level, same with almost all these lads.
    At our level its all very nice, no real pressure, no spotlight on them.
    Not one of them would want to push on to that next level. Its hardly likely the manager is pushing them.
    And Venkys had to invest that money into a new striker, not a bonus.
    If we signed a quality striker in Jan, we would no doubt be sat 2nd now, instead of falling away.

Can't really dispute what you have just said.

Can't really dispute what you have just said.
    even half fit, and out for 2 years ....Dack still showed his quality at this level last night. Anmd also the impact he has on this team.
    For 2 months now we have struggled to find that 'something different' when finding ourselves unable to break down the oppo.
    Just that basic peel away for the short corner, the lovely ball ball he puts in for Dolan, who really couldn't miss as it was that good. What look like simple things, are often the hardest. Just doing something different on a corner un-did them.
    Being fair, had we had Dack during all that time we missed Brero we would have gotten some results no doubts.

Once Brero is back, and Dack has another 3/4 games under his belt, we start looking a different side again.
    Any side that comes into form at that end of the season going into the play offs do have a real chance.
    Still not sure how we still find ourselves here, but we are.

Hopefully you will fall away as usual,then we will be playing you next season as its a racing certainty that we are going down this season.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Hopefully you will fall away as usual,then we will be playing you next season as its a racing certainty that we are going down this season.
    You lot are miles ahead so I wouldn't worry too much but I think you may be right. You need to get more points than Everton basically. I'd be more than happy if you managed that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)