+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raph

Raph

MB obviously knew he had a problem with Raph. The pulling one game and not starting another was intended to "wake him up". It didn't work and he seems to have a real attitude post Brazil. Joel pointed another on thread and really got me thinking.

Probably one of the worst things a coach has to deal with is your star player folding up on you. Regardless of what you do it's the wrong decision. Sit him or change his role and you are questioned. Leave him in and you can poison the whole team's chemistry.

It's unfortunate for all. He's leaving at the end of the season. He's quickly using up chances to play for the best of the best teams. Grealish, Sancho and the other big tranfer fees don't go to head cases. They go to players that play regardless of who they are playing for. Not much of grealish fan but he was the heart and soul of the team. Right now that does not describe Raph.

Unfortunate for us as well. No longer going to get top dollar for him but instead will likely take the highest bidder which may not be the best team for him... or for us for that matter.

He was disgruntled at Rennes which is why they let him go.

Shame if his head gets in the way of his clear talent

Shame if that really is the case, because he's a real talent and a match winner.

Guy looks gone to me, loses possesion pretty much all the time, doesn't track back and even when he does he never wins the ball back.

Real shame, had high hopes for him but nobody can tell me that guy on the pitch the last 2 months has looked like a player worth 60m, he looks every bit the 17m we paid for him.

I'd honestly have rather had Helder Costa there at the moment at least I know he is average but I expect more from Raphinha and he just isn't delivering.

We simply can't afford ANY passengers at the moment if we are to get out of this, regardless of who it is. If his attitude is crap, then he needs to be sidelined. Simple as...forget what was paid for him. Surely the manager will be able to see it on the training pitch if his heart isn't in it! 😮

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I'd honestly have rather had Helder Costa there at the moment at least I know he is average but I expect more from Raphinha and he just isn't delivering.
    I can understand the disappointment but that is a bonkers statement!

Rapha is choking performance wise, for sure - 2 reasons for it maybe are/were distraction off the pitch & Bielsas strict tactical guidelines wanted from him.

Recall hearing Nicolas Anelka talking about football Agents daily distracting him over his financial affairs & how his Agents rammed home to him how important it was to compound every money avenue offered to him as football was such a short career.
    His self-motivational natural drive suffered as a result of such off-pitch distractions.
    That mental distraction caused physical repercussions to his performance & confidence ultimately resulting in poor decision making in all areas of his life.

Put simply - the 'Challenge-Mindset' of elite footballers like Rapha on the pitch are when they view a competitive situation as an opportunity to increase their set of skill resources which he regularly contributed last season.
    But a 'Threat-Mindset' is when any situation on the pitch is viewed only as an opportunity, which a player then fears he may lose some of his existing skill resources and as such quickly loses confidence in doing what is required at that moment in time as we've seen this season.

Honestly think his natural enthusiasm to play had been 'harnessed in' by MB & hopefully under JM he'll be given more individual freedom to fully express his natural game flair.

Distracted mind-sets will always override confidence until positive focus is regained.
    Takes real self-discipline to stay focused & confident particularly when reliant on a decision support system & the quality of it on & off the pitch, in my view.

Are you suggesting that MB wasn't using raph correctly or getting the best out of him??😮😮

He may have had a few poor games but, overall, is easily one of our top 2 or 3 performers this season. I don't blame him for being frustrated looking at some of the awful players around him; it must be soul destroying to work your arse off and create chances only to watch someone blast it wide or tamely pass it to their keeper. That said, we need him to stop sulking and get back on it if we are to have a hope of survival.

He is a pro on good money and needs to step up in the way that the likes of Ayling, Dallas etc do. Sounds like his agent has been whispering sweet nothings in his ear.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)