+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next up - Hibs in the cup

Any team that is in need of a lift or goals only has to play us to get that. Fully expect Hibs to win in 90 minutes. We can even imagine what out starting eleven is likely to be based on how our manager changes the starting eleven week on week. My main concern is I just can’t see where our goals will come from. IMO it might be time to try something different by playing KVV through the middle with Woolery playing just off of him. KVV as target man with Woolery targeted with winning second ball and to use his pace to get in behind the Hibs back line. Far too often this season we have played with wide players who fire crosses into the opposition box without anyone getting onto the end of them. Hope the team can totally prove me wrong. COYW

My wish formation would be Lamie; Ojala, Mugabi, SOD; Shaw; Slattery, MOH; Tierney; KVV, Woolery

I think we'll get: Lamie; Ojala, SSJ, Mugabi; Donnelly, Goss, MOH, Efford, KVV, Woolery

4-2 Hearts with five minutes to go.

Funnily enough at 3-2 it was bang on a 50-50 tie, Robinson put on an extra striker for a midfielder to chase the equaliser, St Mirren haven't had a kick in midfield since and then conceded the fourth to end it. Good to see he's not developed much in the last year!

I thought that was strangely similar to our League Cup QF at Tynecastle under Robinson in 2018.

In that one Hearts were clearly better side even though we went 1-0 up but they got ahead 2-1 in the second half and looked comfortable. Then we get it back to 2-2 with a spectacular goal out of nowhere before we collapsed late on and lost 4-2. I’m sure I remember Robinson subbing a midfielder for a forward that night too.

Handsome_Devil believe Mugabe is out for rest of the season after an operation ����

Not according to my sources but we'll see!

Kelly

Mugabi, SSJ, Ojala, Lamie, McGinley

Roberts, Donnelly, Cornelius, Efford

KVV

I think it's fair to say if we lose today the 'GA out' brigade will be fair bolstered.

Grim stuff that, it’s going to be a long afternoon I think.

Another penalty loss looming here.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    Grim stuff that, it’s going to be a long afternoon I think.

Another penalty loss looming here.
    At least you don't have to worry about that!

I wouldn’t be so sure, we’ve managed to get it back to 2-1 just before HT but the damage has already been done thanks to Collum and our usual shoddy defending. Even if we do manage to pull this level, and it’s a possibility, we won’t have it in us to go and get a winner so all we would be doing is delaying the inevitable boot in the stones until ET or penalty kicks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)