+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dens park

[QUOTE=islaydarkblue;40000343]
    Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I still find it surprising that Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited (DBPH)are still going ahead with their new stadium development when the DBPH directors were happy to let the company they set up for the trading arm of the development be dissolved by Companies House on 17th August 2021 due to their failure to submit their Annual accounts and Confirmation statement on time.
    But Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited (DBPH) have no intention of going ahead with their new stadium development, they never intended going ahead with it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Spouting the same fantastic nonsense they were spouting five years ago isn't a bit of improvement in communications, it's taking us all for complete mugs. I'm actually disappointed that so many people are feeling confident about the answers given to John
    Like you I think a lot of the answers given to John were bluster, smoke and mirrors.......BUT he asked the questions.

Since then it looks like communication has opened up and there should be an opportunity to ask more probing questions.

Also the club possibly thru John or the DSA (not sure which) the club are communicating with our younger fans......something I've been banging on about for 10 years.

As Scott G says....communication channels have been opened they should not be allowed to slam shut for another 3 years.

It is season tic renewal time though that's maybe why communication has begun if I was being cynical but I'm rarely cynical 😎...I'll give the benefit of doubt for now.

Spouting the same fantastic nonsense they were spouting five years ago isn't a bit of improvement in communications, it's taking us all for complete mugs. I'm actually disappointed that so many people are feeling confident about the answers given to John
    I think the important bit is that they are actually sticking with the new stadium. That seems to me to be a positive that they are still working on a long term plan for the ground. I think we should be encouraging this dialogue and I am disappointed with the tone of your comments. You do not appear to be willing to give the recent arrangement a chance to change things.
    It is helpful to have dissenting voices and I think specific questions could help the process rather than the type of post you made.
    Sorry Deeranged but I know you care about our club - I just think you could do better. Apologies if this sounds a bit headmaster's comment on an end of term Report Card.
    Fwiw I always got "could do better"!!!@

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I think the important bit is that they are actually sticking with the new stadium. That seems to me to be a positive that they are still working on a long term plan for the ground. I think we should be encouraging this dialogue and I am disappointed with the tone of your comments. You do not appear to be willing to give the recent arrangement a chance to change things.
    It is helpful to have dissenting voices and I think specific questions could help the process rather than the type of post you made.
    Sorry Deeranged but I know you care about our club - I just think you could do better. Apologies if this sounds a bit headmaster's comment on an end of term Report Card.
    Fwiw I always got "could do better"!!!@
    No need to apologise.

I agree the dialogue is encouraging but it's not new dialogue. That said it needs to be seen as a start and as RRoS says we need to start asking more probing questions.

I don't believe right now that they have any intention of completing any stadium project, I've been of that opinion for several years, but we've been promised progress by the end of March - I'll possibly change my opinion after that.

My report cards said 'WHO?

No need to apologise.

I agree the dialogue is encouraging but it's not new dialogue. That said it needs to be seen as a start and as RRoS says we need to start asking more probing questions.

I don't believe right now that they have any intention of completing any stadium project, I've been of that opinion for several years, but we've been promised progress by the end of March - I'll possibly change my opinion after that.

Shaded has started another thread that seems to me to strengthen the case for dialogue. Really hope that there is a groundswell of fans beginning to lose their apathy and start to get involved with getting answers.

[QUOTE=Returnofrros;40000368]
    Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post

Would this kinda rate be fixed Islay or subject to fluctuations?
    They could get a Term Loan which is often used by businesses as they are borrowing at a fixed interest rate throughout the period of the loan.
    A 20 years term loan at an interest rate of say 3% per annum.
    It is likely that Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited would have to put up the new stadium as security and the new stadium would have to be valued by a firm of surveyors to ascertain its true value.
    There is no point in a bank lending £20 million if the stadium is only worth £15 million.
    There is also the cost of building the car parks, hotel, crematorium and retail units.
    In my opinion John Nelms needs to come clean and tell everyone the latest position regarding the latest projected cost of their whole development at Campy Nou and what is the latest projected cost to build the new stadium plus the stadium car parks.

I agree with everything you say.
    In my opinion the answers given to JB resulted in more questions than answers needing to be asked such as;
    What are FPS’s plans if they fail to get full planning permission for their new stadium development at the former NCR Camperdown grounds.
    Will they revert to spending their money bringing Dens Park into being a 21st century stadium or are they going to walk away.

No need to apologise.

According to the answer given to JB the next meeting with the Campy Nou project consultants is due to be held this Wednesday 16th March 2022 so hopefully we will receive a statement from Nelms shortly after this meeting.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)