+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No attack..

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    The man's a genius whom we should all bow down too.
    Indeed...

No cutting edge, strikers playing too far apart, players playing out of position, not a great deal of effort, subs fairly late on!!!!

Should you lot on here not be calling for heads??

Maybe slightly better in the second half but MacDonald didn't have a save of note to make to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post
    No cutting edge, strikers playing too far apart, players playing out of position, not a great deal of effort, subs fairly late on!!!!

Should you lot on here not be calling for heads??

Maybe slightly better in the second half but MacDonald didn't have a save of note to make to be honest
    You must have missed Gibsons free kick!

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    You must have missed Gibsons free kick!
    For starters I was right behind the goal for the free kick and it was going wide. Secondly if McDonald had let that in then you’d be pointing the finger at him as it was a save for the cameras.
    And if we are saying that we forced McDonald into one save in 90 minutes against a team tHat hasn’t won a league game since Xmas, with two centre half’s that have a combined age of 70 odd and are both as slow as a week in the jail and we are unlucky cos we forced there keeper to produce one save then we are easily pleased
    we were over run in midfield today and raith had an extra man in there. The annoying thing for me is that it was obvious after 5 minutes we were struggling with this and not a thing was done to stop it. We kept the same shape until injury time and then pushed east up front and went to 3 at the back. Hardly any chance to make a difference to the game.
    In short, we were a disgrace today both defensively and going forward and got what we deserved from the game. Maybe east at a push was the only player who I would give pass marks to. The rest were shocking and should hang there heads in shame

My summary of each player today
    Rae - shocking goalkeeping at the goal by not making sure the initial shot was pushed wide or round the post
    Johnstone - caught sleeping at the back post for the cross at the goal. Tried hard but his passing/crossing was terrible
    cooper - some strange decision making and always looked to go backwards with the ball
    East - won most of his challenges and was one player who wasn’t to bad
    O’Connor - solid enough but every pass went long
    Gordon - game went past him and never got into it. Appeared to be over run and never got on the ball to do any damage
    Paton - plenty of running but absolutely no end product
    Gibson - lost count the amount of times he lost the ball either by poor passing or getting caught in possession
    Todd - faded away after a decent start. Was marked out the game by Mckie and seemed to be bullied a bit
    Roy- didn’t know he was playing
    Cameron - Won headers but nobody beside him

Junior and the other lad came on. Junior done little but the other lad appeared to want to take on defenders but I fancy he’d be better employed more central and closer to Cameron rather than being stuck out wide cos his pace may cos a few problems for defenders.

Any differing thoughts on this?

I've got to agree with all you've said fat fan, far more detail than my post but I think we're on the same page or at least the same chapter. Very poor Raith team, who also created very little so it's definitely points given away for sure. Connolly and Fitzpatrick hopefully back and refreshed after injury soon to inject a bit of creativity.

And I was also in and around the terracing and can confirm Gibson's free kick was a yard wide

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)