+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wigan

Wigan

Well, small matter of Sunderland out of the way so now we move on to Wigan.
    0-2

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Well, small matter of Sunderland out of the way so now we move on to Wigan.
    0-2
    Who cares anymore...

Remember Ryan Lowe? Not good enough to be assistant manager here! Now that tells us everything you need to know...Promotion with Bury, promotion with Plymouth and now the Preston FC manager....and a far better player too who the club 'sh8t on....
    Last edited by MikeSB; 12-03-2022 at 06:52 PM.

Promotion with Bury spending money that, through no fault of his, the club didn't have -- look where they are now! Didn't have the money to pay him either.

Sorry ShropshireAlex, I completely missed this thread for some reason. I think that because nobody had bothered with a Sunderland thread I assumed that there hadn't been one started for Wigan. I havn't changed my mind 1-4.
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing Mike, we could easily be on here now saying what a failure he is and why did we sh*t on Artell. Every club that Lowe has been at has had alot better budget than us, he soon left Bury when things went t*ts up.

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Promotion with Bury spending money that, through no fault of his, the club didn't have -- look where they are now! Didn't have the money to pay him either.
    Spending money through no fault of his, however I would suggest he was complicit in that spending because I have no doubt he would have had knowledge of the clubs financial position. I don't actually think Lowe was badly treated by us actually. He is not someone I would have wanted to be our manager. I don;t think he would have had any interests at heart other than those of Ryan Lowe. Not a bad player for us in any of his spells here but not one of the greats.

So apart from me and MFC, anyone else prepared to make a prediction?

Given that we cannot seem to stop shipping goals and scoring them at the other end is in very short supply, one can only conclude that Wigan will continue to increase their goal difference. I would not be surprised to have an 0-4 score line!